Marauder PvP Help

JediMasterCollin

Hey everyone, I would just like to say first of all that I love the Marauder class and feel that its gets completely undersold by a lot of forum goers. With that said I would be interested in some help with PvP from you forum goers. This is my first mmo EVER, but I feel that I have picked it up pretty quick. I have everything keybinded and I use the mouse for turning. I have seen some ridiculous screen shots of people getting from 400k-700k damage in warzones and I just don't understand how that is possible. I am level 36 at the moment and my valor level is 33. I consistently win all of my 1v1s and am near the top of the leaderboard in warzones in damage. (Usually top, or top 3). I am annihilation specced and average around 225k - 250k in huttball and have hit 308k max in Void Star. How can I up this to the crazy numbers I see posted here occasionally? Thanks for any tips guys!

Does gear really up your damage that much? I figured it would even out because you were against similarly geared people once in the 50 bracket. Well thanks for the heads up bro!

Ya the 2set/4set is very nice, ontop of going vs others with no gear etc at 50 etc...

Gear + Adrenals + Rakata Stim Paks = Massive DPS numbers that you just can't match at lower levels. It definitely makes all the difference, you'll notice it when you're a new lv 50 doing PvP and nearly EVERYBODY outgears you and can destroy you in a matter of seconds. It's like a rollercoaster ride: you start at the bottom to get to the top of a massive hill where you enjoy the first exhilarating moments only to have to do the same old drag just to re-gear once you hit 50 :D

Gear + Adrenals + Rakata Stim Paks = Massive DPS numbers that you just can't match at lower levels. It definitely makes all the difference, you'll notice it when you're a new lv 50 doing PvP and nearly EVERYBODY outgears you and can destroy you in a matter of seconds. It's like a rollercoaster ride: you start at the bottom to get to the top of a massive hill where you enjoy the first exhilarating moments only to have to do the same old drag just to re-gear once you hit 50 :D

Ya they cant destroy you in a matter of seconds unless your running into 50 pvp with 40 gear lol so ignore that, Just be smart and make sure you can do 6 bags at 50 and Ilum/belsavis dailies for gear/armoring/mods etc...

Ya they cant destroy you in a matter of seconds unless your running into 50 pvp with 40 gear lol so ignore that, Just be smart and make sure you can do 6 bags at 50 and Ilum/belsavis dailies for gear/armoring/mods etc...

Don't lie to the guy.

Any fresh 50 has absolutely 0% chance to beat me 1on1. If they live more then 10 seconds I'm shocked.

Also, Marauders are one of the only classes when facing an equally geared/skilled opponent I rarely beat.

Edited by Acindo

Don't lie to the guy.

Any fresh 50 has absolutely 0% chance to beat me 1on1. If they live more then 10 seconds I'm shocked.

Also, Marauders are one of the only classes when facing an equally geared/skilled opponent I rarely beat.

Then there ******* rolling in with greens and lvl 40 gear period...

Then there ******* rolling in with greens and lvl 40 gear period...

Yea it has nothing to do with my 12.5% ish extra damage done and less damage taken uh huh.

Are you on Space Slug? Wear some orange/blue 50s and I will happily duel you and prove my point.

I went into 50 pvp with 3 pieces of champ gear from my 6 bags and mostly purples from GTN I spent a few hundred grand on. I know what I am talking about thank you.

Incase I wasn't clear. I'm talking about people with 500+ expertise vs fresh 50s.

Edited by Acindo

i can kill centurion geared players in a matter of seconds ... so fresh 50s ... yea, they have a snowballs chance in hell

Yea it has nothing to do with my 12.5% ish extra damage done and less damage taken uh huh.

Are you on Space Slug? Wear some orange/blue 50s and I will happily duel you and prove my point.

I went into 50 pvp with 3 pieces of champ gear from my 6 bags and mostly purples from GTN I spent a few hundred grand on. I know what I am talking about thank you.

Incase I wasn't clear. I'm talking about people with 500+ expertise vs fresh 50s.

And derp...

Ya no... but enjoy fantasy land! heard its nice this time of year...

unless ~20 seconds doesnt count as "a matter of seconds" then im going to stick with my original statement

i can kill centurion geared players in a matter of seconds

Edited by CrazyAl

unless ~20 seconds doesnt count as "a matter of seconds" then im going to stick with my original statement

i can kill centurion geared players in a matter of seconds

Ya matter of seconds = 2-3, not 1/3 of a Minute, and with none of there cd's up etc... and they would have to be pretty horrible, so ya again no...

the 300k people usually have pocket healing or are built rage AOE spec.

You would be shocked about the numbers you can pull in dmg if you play the aoe spec well.

That aside we are still the worst class for gaining medals in a wf.

And derp...

Your native tongue I assume?

If I hit someone with 2 Voltaic Slashes I build my 2 stacks, hit Recklnessness and consumables and my Shock is going to crit a fresh 50 for mid 4k, I would have a stack or two of discharge at least and that's going to hit for another 4k.

Then probably another Voltaic Slash will get them under 30% if they aren't already (Lets assume a fresh 50 will have about 13k HP, even though its usually 12k) ready to be Assassinated for another 4k+.

5 GCDs for a dead fresh 50 is pretty quick IMO.

0s - Volatic Slash - 1.5s Voltatic Slash (Pop all buffs) 3.0s Shock - 4.5s Discharge - 6s Voltaic Slash - 7.5s Assassinate.

If you could take people on 1v1 and win as a fresh 50 it is only because they were terrible or had no expertise like you.

As I said before, a fresh 50 has absolutely 0% chance to beat me.

Edited by Acindo

Ya matter of seconds = 2-3, not 1/3 of a Minute, and with none of there cd's up etc... and they would have to be pretty horrible, so ya again no...

a matter of seconds refers to a time frame that is a short enough that it could typically be measured in seconds (instead of minutes or hours)

generally the longest amount of time that would be referred to in seconds is 90 seconds

nobody says "ill be there in 300 seconds" they say 5 mins, but "ill be there in 90 seconds" sure, common enough

90 seconds would general be considered "a matter of seconds"

even a long fight in TOR generally wont take that long, so the term was kinda of poorly used in the first place

the intention of its use was to mean "really quickly"

i would consider ~20 seconds to be "really quickly" in TOR

and yes, i kill people that fast quite often ... even people in pvp gear ... obviously not when they have full CDs up, but i didnt say that i kill people with full CDs up in 20 seconds every time

however, i do kill people that fast often enough for me to say "i can do it" and its perfectly applicable

a good player, in pvp gear, will destroy a fresh 50 (in level 50 blues) "in a matter of seconds"

its really not hard either, ~12k HP with no pvp damage reduction disappears quite quickly

I am annihilation specced and average around 225k - 250k in huttball and have hit 308k max in Void Star.

WOW! I always hold my own in WZs and never lose a 1v1, but I can't even touch those numbers! I'm one level lower than you. What am I doing wrong here?

Force Crush 3k, Obliterate for 2k, Smash for 6k, Force Scream for 3k = dead centurion in a matter of seconds.

When you can smash a fresh 50 for 7k, you can often 2ish shot them, if thats not a matter of seconds I dont know what is.

Edited by Soilantgreen