I have some "Good" news

ZirusZero

On the one hand, people complain because the FPS is too low.

On the other hand, people complain because they can't see the hi-res textures full-time.

The answer is obvious, isn't it? They're not going to let us at the hi-res textures (except for cut-scenes) until they fix the FPS issues.

Well, the high resolution textures would be a problem for anyone with less than a gigabyte or more of video ram probably, which I'd bet is more than half the player base. But even with more vRAM than that I have some serious lag on the fleet and voidstar and in Ilum pvp. I've never had a problem selecting high resolution textures. Sometimes, after a patch, your local client settings in Documents and Settings for SWToR have to be deleted so the game can work right, including applying the settings you've chosen in the Graphics UI.

But, despite what I had read this game's major lag issues in these congested areas seem to me to be largely CPU bound, not GPU bound.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.