Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I'm 42, what should I do in preperation for 50?

Coyotecalls

At level 42 I have...

Full 40 gear for myself and my companion.

All the PVP weapons up to 50.

1 Champion bag because they are unique... which is ANNOYING.

1000 Merc commendations because they are capped.. which is ANNOYING.

PVP Rank 42

327 Warzone commendations.

Now, when I get to 1000 WZC I'll be capped for both kinds, so what should I do with the extras? Should I strive for being rank 60 by the time I hit 50 or is it not even worth it?

I was thinking of just PVPing the last 5 levels with no PVE but I'll be dead broke for credits by the time I'm 50.

Have any of you leveled to 50 as a PVPer? I have really only done the class quests and most of it's been PVP. I just don't enjoy PVE.

Sorry for some reason BW really blocks people from getting well prepared for the 50s

-low cap on warzone commendations (only 1000)

and

-valor cap...cannot have higher valor rank then your current level.

the best possible things you can do is

-get valor rank 50(maximum you can get)

-max out your merc commendations and warzone commendations (1000/1000)

-buy one champion bag(its unique so you can only have 1 pre-50)

-buy level 49 epic mods and upgrade your armour

-datacrons

thats all I can think of for now.

Edited by Fidopro

I've done this three times. Once to switch from imp to pub. Then twice due to two dying servers. You are doing everything you can to get ready outside of one thing. Buy a second monitor and down load at least 26 days worth of entertainment. If you don't you will end up like me. Jaded looking for any reason to play this game. Used to be grinding with the people I've gamed with for 6 years, they are all gone.

Just make sure you don't over do it. The grind is all there is.

the only thing you haven't done is bought multiples of the best pvp weapon, stripped the expertise enhancements out, and applied them to yourself. it makes you godlike in the sub50 bracket, and helps you out considerably in the actual 50 bracket.

Good advice here.

Although I agree with every single one of those points, I can tell you why Bioware won't do that: They want you to progress in the game. Same reason credits and xp can only really be gained reasonably via mission'ing.

-low cap on warzone commendations (only 1000)

They don't want you to farm them all then spend them all. These are the only things you would be able to farm, as its the only place to get them, and they're not going to lower the amount.

-valor cap...cannot have higher valor rank then your current level.

Yup, see above. They want you to progress your level - and the only reasonable way to do that is through mission'ing, not killing mobs. At low levels (10-20), Warzone grinding is just as good.

I've done this three times. Once to switch from imp to pub. Then twice due to two dying servers. You are doing everything you can to get ready outside of one thing. Buy a second monitor and down load at least 26 days worth of entertainment. If you don't you will end up like me. Jaded looking for any reason to play this game. Used to be grinding with the people I've gamed with for 6 years, they are all gone.

Just make sure you don't over do it. The grind is all there is.

I have two monitors, one I PVP in and the other I watch Netflix or Hulu between matches.

But thanks for the weapons mod tip! I hadn't thought about that. I will go decimate people and spawn a new "Nerf Sorc" thread in your honor.

I have always felt that I'm not doing my job right until someone accuses me of cheating. This should help : )

the only thing you haven't done is bought multiples of the best pvp weapon, stripped the expertise enhancements out, and applied them to yourself. it makes you godlike in the sub50 bracket, and helps you out considerably in the actual 50 bracket.

This is what you want to do.

the 1000 merc comms 1000 wz comms should give you a nice head start

you'll be in way better shape than most

I leveld mostly through WZ and I squandered most of my comms but I still had a decent amount so I could start off with a couple pieces of cent/champ

Edited by HBninjaX

Leveling just keeps happening! Even when I only PVP. I wish PVP gave less XP and more money. I'm going to be 50 with half as much credits as everyone else.

Just go to Ilum and do the questchain there to unlock the dailies. 50k+ per day at just ilum and playing alone.

I have two monitors, one I PVP in and the other I watch Netflix or Hulu between matches.

But thanks for the weapons mod tip! I hadn't thought about that. I will go decimate people and spawn a new "Nerf Sorc" thread in your honor.

I have always felt that I'm not doing my job right until someone accuses me of cheating. This should help : )

If you are a sorc then all you need to do is change the bandages on your head. You know, the ones covering the wounds from banging your head on the keyboard. Eventually you'll get good enough for a gentle face roll that is still effective and a lot less dangerous.

Why would anyone want to be the two millionth sorc to hit 50?!

Leveling just keeps happening! Even when I only PVP. I wish PVP gave less XP and more money. I'm going to be 50 with half as much credits as everyone else.

Quit the matches before they end.

Work the GTN for $'s.

No gear grinds, less premades, less gear discrepancies, and no Ilum.

It's a win, win, win, win!

Edited by Jebi

it's really easy to get a million. in fact, once you hit 50, you can get it in a week but you have to do some PVE. do the ilum, belsavis, and space dailies. in a week you'll have 1.5 million, and a rakata ear piece (which you can sell for an additional million or so).

then again, i got my credits from biochem and synthweaving.

also you don't really need any credits once you have bought all the level 50 skills, given that you are a PVPer. the need for credits comes when you try to do raids, as your repair bills can be pretty steep with end-game gear.

Edited by Darth_Gao_Gao

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.