Why to do a bad clone of WOW?

Matkshonov

Hay all. only a personal consideration.

I do not understand why all games have to be somehow like WOW, why do not try something different, and more important. why "the complications simple things office" is always at job in every sections of our entire life, 24 hours a day and 7 dey a week......

really, why do I have to use 30 and more buttons to play a game? my poor hands are broken, my eyes cripple, there lights thats go on and off continuosly, but we are far away from christmas...

why to spend lot of time to make a game more heavy, see the multiple calcolation for multiple duplication of the somehowe same ability....

here some of marauder's ....

3 ability for damage reduction....

invisibility.... let it to be an assassin specialization

2 rage builder attacks

3 more ability with fury (rage wasn't enough)

3 blocker ability, + obfuscate

2 abilty for stunned or incapacitate target

an almost dead target attack

an healing limitator attack

2 slowing target attacks

and the bleedings attack

the jump attack

area attack

ok... I do not count the movement, targeting, non combat jump, stim, relics, healing pack boost and...

...oh my God, save me please.........

really, I tried to play also with feet, but it's impossible for me..............

.... but less enjoyable cause loss of framerate and so many button to use, but more important so tedius pvp?

A pve game that became almost totally unusefull for pvp, let it at WOW, let WOW dominate in this....

I think there are other things that can do the difference,for example to create a purpose can do a big difference, and it could be something different from a merely leveling growth.

A galaxy should unlimit our fantasy.... only think that many planets and regions in every planet.... a place where to do a base for own guild, resource needed to build defence of the base or a fleet...

a war between guild...... totally uncontrolled by pc...... a fleet needed (resource consumer)to devastate an enemy base or mine (perhaps needed for resource)

And a less choice of equipment and level ability, but a more satisfactory leaderboard of the best players pve,the best players pvp, the best guild... maybe let the valor to be usefull only for leaderboard

ah... and I almost forgotten to mention the sociality level and that could be the legacy.... oh God I prey you... SAVE ME

Edited by Matkshonov

really, why do I have to use 30 and more buttons to play a game? my poor hands are broken, my eyes cripple, there lights thats go on and off continuosly, but we are far away from christmas...

Ask santa for a Razer Naga and you can bind 48 buttons to it alone. That is not included everything you bind on the keyboard.

Every spell you have keybinded = no more problems

If you can make a Decent MMO that doesn't have ANY similarities to other MMOs, come complain to us.

Everything is based-off something from the past.

Rift/AoE/SWTOR/Warhammer are all "WoW clones". Yet they still bring in billions.

Not sure why you're complaining? :confused:

Also @ the above poster: EU has a smaller player-base than the Americas. So they're not trolling you, they're just picking the lesser of two evils.

Better to lose 3k in a day than 10k.

Edited by TheLoneSage

So how would YOU design a warrior class that had a style very similar to WoW's? I do feel that this game is VERY WoWish, but I don't mind, because even if the playstyles are similar, TOR is a fresh game, and there's more room to expand than WoW.

Back on topic though.... WoW clones exist because gamers in general (not the super hardcore mind you) are not very receptive to new things, I mean, look at CoD. How many iterations has it gone through with minimal changes? Games that try to push the envelope are less popular, and thus, less profitable. That being said, playing a WoW like game would just make people who invested so much time into WoW to go back. Still enjoying the game though

Also @ the above poster: EU has a smaller player-base than the Americas. So they're not trolling you, they're just picking the lesser of two evils.

Better to lose 3k in a day than 10k.

Ask blizzard. They know EU kicks *** so the downtime in EU is different from US.

So how would YOU design a warrior class that had a style very similar to WoW's? I do feel that this game is VERY WoWish, but I don't mind, because even if the playstyles are similar, TOR is a fresh game, and there's more room to expand than WoW.

That is not similar. That is a carbon copy!

That is not similar. That is a carbon copy!

A carbon copy is if word for word, point for point, everything matches up (like Rift). They don't. Also, the skills mentioned, don't even cover advanced classes. There are only so many ways to close distance, generate AOE threat and such before it becomes repetitive.

and EQ was a clone of Lineage and Lineage was a clone of Ultima Online and so on... Jesus *********** christ who cares?

You don't need to invent the wheel again.

Maybe hes just making the point, that WoW "borrowed" heavily from the best aspects of a lot of other RPGs and MMOs already out there, now everyone crys "WoW clone", like these games are... WoW clones, when really ... they are... WoW copied heavily from what came before it, and even what was out at the same time,... and so does every other RPGMMO,

Its really unfair to give WoW all the credit/blame, just its the one most people know.

I'm totaly avaible for alternative gameplay suggestions....

and if a wow-like play mode is really needed to keep a game alive, why so many mmo got problems?

maybe could try a light version of the game, maybe in the same time, it could be a test...

and I personally keeped far far away from mmos, just cause they're like WOW, I like rpg but not so extreme, I don't care if I'm noob, I got a life too. I'm here because it's stars wars and like all of you, I love it

Hi Everyone,

Just as a general reminder, please remember to focus discussion on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ when posting on the forums. We will have to close the thread for being off-topic if discussion continues on another game.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.