Not bothering with Unload at all?

The_Beastwood

PVE I only use it if there's some mechanic (huge AOE, etc.) that momentarily prevents me from meleeing, or as a pulling move when DFA is on cooldown.

PVP I use it regularly because it's pretty much heat free (the heat it costs is vented almost fully over it's duration), it's 30 meters range, does okish damage and is perfect for those last few percent of health after you've gone through railshots, incendiary missiles, explosive dart, etc.

unload is a filler, nothing more, if u got time to use it then use it, its only for filling in the damage inbetween rail shot procs and dots. and i dont bother with flame thrower.

I don't understand how you could not use flamethrower?

It does massive damage and is perfect after a stun, it also have a very high critical chance due it being fire if you have those skills.

And I also try to get close pretty much all the time and using Unload is 3 seconds where you can't get close to them because you are firing at range.

Edited by The_Beastwood

unload should be on everyones bar, not rly for early in the rotation but for when your heat is building. it does respectable dmg and due to its channel and upfront heat cost you finish with less heat than you had when you started with using the ability.

its hard to "get it" in terms of DPS, but when you begin factoring in heat efficiency its a no brainer - key point: you'll do more dps using this ability in a fight that lasts long enough to fill up your heat bar, than you would if you didn't. in fights of shorter duration, there's probably something better to use as a filler.