Good crew skill for a Juggernaut?

mahogmagog

Don't get artifice. Especially if you are leveling because the gear you get from quests commendations are nothing compared to what you can craft.

I suggest you go Cybertech, Scavenging and Slicing. Since you will have beast mods and also you won't have problem with money. In the end it's up to you.

Synth is also nice if you are jugg. But in the end, yes, Biochem is the most usefull crew skill. Just think about it at higher levels you get +str equal to that of your chest piece for example. Helps alot in PvP as well since you can get the 2.5k medal and keep going :D

artifice if you want to keep your lightsaber on par the entire way to 50 or for RP reason you do not want to switch light saber on a regular basis. You will mostly keep your saber above any same level saber you find/rewarded in quests and loot

otherwise go bio

I've been leveling multiple crafts up with my Jugg as she level's. here's the ones I use the most:

Artifice - having a purple hilt every 2-4 levels is golden. we are very gear dependent, and the purple stats way outperform the blues you get from commendation awards. Plus the commendation mods are usually a few levels under you by the time you can pick them up. you can get your purple hilt set up the minute you hit that level.

Cyber - I went with a specific gear set that I like the look of, so i needed mods to upgrade it. I got the same result from mods as I did with the hilt above. you can obviously get both from vendors, but like before, you are usually a few levels ahead of them...

Bio - always a good default. I have yet to use this on my jugg, and have not bought any medpacks, and done fine. On the flip side, I am using solely quinn as companion

Synthweaving - not using as much. get the occasional piece of gear, but the problem may be that i didn't keep this one up with the level of my Jugg. But it is great for filling in the smaller gear pieces while you level. Purple belts and bracers go a long way (as well as boots, etc)

Now, ultimately you can get ALL of these things through commendations, but if your solely leveling PvE you'll run into a few issues.

1) As i mentioned above, you will often outlevel the mods you get. by the time you can purchase the mods/belt/hilt/whatever you will usually be a few levels above them. and while their blue (nice), they're not purple. my purple lvl 35 hilt just got outperformed by one point in each stat by a lvl 39 blue. purples are very nice.

2) many of the mods don't have the stats you want. as an example, my jugg is DPS spec...but most the mods often have higher endurance then str. sure i can hunt and peck for an occasional mod that meets my needs...or I can craft my mods and fill my gear with the exact stats I want

3)commendations are certainly common, but not flowing like water. i have rarely been able to get enough (through normal leveling mind you) to upgrade ALL my gear, plus ALL my companions gear

The biggest benefit of commendation gear is its EASY. stop by the vendor, browse a few minutes, and you have your stuff. Since I craft for my weapon and armor stats, I use my commendations to upgrade my companions, pick up new moddable gear I want (you can get gloves on taris, boots on alderaan, etc.) each planet has one (or two) moddable slots of gear to buy. then you can fill them out.

I just started a new jugg, and I'm going to level him solely with a dps companion, so im leveling Bio on him to offset the lack of heals. hope that information helps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.