warzones that start with 7 players - and never get full (while new warzones open)

mufutiz

how is it even possible for that to happen?

I checked today, low level civil war startd with 7 players on our team and not one person joined the entire time (happened in other wz's before as well)

However 2 new warzones open while we keep waiting for reinforcements... ironically one of them civil war as well, and nope those were not 4 premades grouping together.

what the ****?

Edited by mufutiz

We were rolling them at first (as usual) but in the end you cannot really win a game when outnumbered even by 1, unless your enemies are the worst of the worst. Which happens quite a lot in this game of course, I have won more than one 6 vs 8 but still...

I am trying to understand how it is even possible for this to happen. Because joining warzones in progress is completely normal and (should be) working as intended but I noticed lately some wz are stuck at 7 players right from the start while new wz's pop up, which is most definitely not the way it should be.

Edited by mufutiz

Check next time if someone is out of group. Eventhough the ops says only 7, usually there is 1 more person who looks to be in the ops group, but isn't listed. Happens all the time for me and, as a healer, I have to focus frame the person not listed to see their health to heal them.

Check next time if someone is out of group. Eventhough the ops says only 7, usually there is 1 more person who looks to be in the ops group, but isn't listed.

that's not really so easy to miss.

looking at the (uneven) number of players in the zone is enough to realize what's up. nobody was out of group.

Edited by mufutiz

Check next time if someone is out of group. Eventhough the ops says only 7, usually there is 1 more person who looks to be in the ops group, but isn't listed. Happens all the time for me and, as a healer, I have to focus frame the person not listed to see their health to heal them.

ya, sometimes he's actually in the group, he just doesn't show up on the ops frame. I've had times where I'm not even listed. You may very well have 8 players, though.

yeah me and my friends have been seeing this in all warzone empire side at least, dont know if it is happening to republic or not, but we would see that there´s always 1 person missing from the group so we would be 7 against 8 even though we heard over ventrilo that ppl were qued up.

Has something to do with auto queing after an warzone, my friends only needed to

leave que and sign up again to get an instan invite, annoying bug. Already reported it but who knows if they actually read what players send them.

I believe the issue is the person is simply not loaded into the OPS group but they are in the WZ.

Yes, the OPS group has 7 but there is usually an 8th player running around.

again, not the issue.

simple /who Civil war will tell you who's in the zone.

also I am pretty sure people outside the ops group are still visible on the map.

funnily enough I am just right now chatting with someone who is in a 7:8 huttball while I am waiting in queue :D

something is not right at all.

Edited by mufutiz

yeah me and my friends have been seeing this in all warzone empire side at least, dont know if it is happening to republic or not, but we would see that there´s always 1 person missing from the group so we would be 7 against 8 even though we heard over ventrilo that ppl were qued up.

Has something to do with auto queing after an warzone, my friends only needed to

leave que and sign up again to get an instan invite, annoying bug. Already reported it but who knows if they actually read what players send them.

thanks for the response! Makes sense I guess, just tried to requeue but didn't get the invite, though someone else now apparently did.

again, not the issue.

funnily enough I am just right now chatting with someone who is in a 7:8 huttball while I am waiting in queue :D

I'm not saying you're delusional.

I'm just saying that MOST of the time I see 7 players in the OPS group but I know for a fact my team has an 8th player.

I'm just saying that MOST of the time I see 7 players in the OPS group but I know for a fact my team has an 8th player.

I am talking specifically about the instances when that is not the case.

Edited by mufutiz

again, not the issue.

also I am pretty sure people outside the ops group are still visible on the map.

I've also had /who come up with incorrect lists as well. I've had guildies in the fleet and when I /who to look for them, I see them missing.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong, you may very well be on to something, but by what you've said so far I can see legitimate explanations as to why this might be occuring.

In regards to you being in queue while an unfilled warzone is going on, may I ask how heavily populated your server is? You might very well be 6 back in a queue list while people are being cycled through, not ever accepting the entry to a WZ pop.

Each time someone is accepted into a warzone, they have over a minute to actually join that ops group. It could be a slight time discrepancy of solo queues being popped for others, only for them to let it time out.

However, the new fix they did to enforce the 8v12 exploits that were going on may have put a kink in the queueing system as well.

In my eyes, both are very reasonable possiblities.

They fixed that recently, some ppl figured out if they went to their ship and waited beside it, while in a group qued up for pvp, when the window appeared for them to join the warzone the leader would enter his ship and load, the others would accept the warzone invite and when the finished loaded and go into the warzone they would get another window asking them to join.

If they would have pressed enter they would have reloded the same warzone and would be assigned in a new raid group apart from the first and then the other players would see him running around but not in raid frames, if they would have said leave the warzone would have calculated that they never entered and were missing players and hence 8 vs 10.

Might be a similar problem is still happening, might just be a glitch but since last patch I have seen too many warzones where we are 7 against 8, and requeing does the trick, still annoying.

I've also had /who come up with incorrect lists as well. I've had guildies in the fleet and when I /who to look for them, I see them missing.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong, you may very well be on to something, but by what you've said so far I can see legitimate explanations as to why this might be occuring.

you still see people outside the ops group on the map though.

There is no way somebody is in the warzone and neither the map nor /who is catching it.

In regards to you being in queue while an unfilled warzone is going on, may I ask how heavily populated your server is? You might very well be 6 back in a queue list while people are being cycled through, not ever accepting the entry to a WZ pop.

Well it's 1 am here so there are about the same 20-30 people queuing for warzones in the 1-49 bracket right now, don't think that's the issue.

However, the new fix they did to enforce the 8v12 exploits that were going on may have put a kink in the queueing system as well.

In my eyes that's what is going on.

Looking at the (short) history of the game, they usually don't fix something without breaking it somewhere else.

In my eyes that's what is going on.

Looking at the (short) history of the game, they usually don't fix something without breaking it somewhere else.

I feel exactly the same way. All I'm trying to do is make sure you recognize the other posibilities before pullin the trigger on a new bug of sorts... =P

Cause I mean, lord knows I don't wanna go in there and try to figure this thing out. lol.

You never know though, and I doubt BioWare even has the capabilities to tell us whether or not that's the case, anyways.