Carnage Stat Question

Zaxem

First of all i know strength is the best stat to go for my question is about secondary stats my friend told me i want as much power as a Carnage spec murader.

Now my question is this true about power > crit and even if it is wouldn't be betetr to balance power and crit. Like all my enchanment slots go for crit/surge and the mod slot go for strength/power to balance the two out.

Yes i Do know people say annihilation is better for pvp and pve but i don't care i like Carnage better.

I'd get at least 25% crit before I'd worry about power. Having increased base damage is fine but we don't have the healing factor of Anni Marauders, so we need to bring our justice as swift as possible. Only Force Scream is guaranteed to Crit during a proc, but for the rest we need those big numbers. Edited by Paralassa
content

Personally when I am carnage spec I have been been letting my crit % slide in favor of Power and Surge. I think this is a preference thing, but I would rather focus my stats around the 100% crit of FS.

With 1300+ str I think you are at around 24% anyway, so i would rather see big scream hits than worry bout getting 6% more crit out of everything else. Not to mention most of the PvP gear is +power heavy anyway.

Edited by Garroda

You want surge up to 30% (this is where diminishing returns starts hitting hard), then power, then crit. Scream is going to be the bread and butter of your attacks. It will probably be the top% of your damage (once we have combat log it can be confirmed).

Surge will make your scream hit as hard as possible.

Power will increase all of your damage.

Crit will benefit all non-scream attacks, but overall those attacks will be less damage than scream.

If you can pull off 30% surge and 30% crit while not sacrificing power for crit, do it. And as you said, get as much str as possible.

You want surge up to 30% (this is where diminishing returns starts hitting hard), then power, then crit. Scream is going to be the bread and butter of your attacks. It will probably be the top% of your damage (once we have combat log it can be confirmed).

Surge will make your scream hit as hard as possible.

Power will increase all of your damage.

Crit will benefit all non-scream attacks, but overall those attacks will be less damage than scream.

If you can pull off 30% surge and 30% crit while not sacrificing power for crit, do it. And as you said, get as much str as possible.

^^^^^^^^^^

Quoted for some M'F'n truth! With guaranteed crit screams, Surge is pretty sweet. And power is pretty great too, all the attacks we get in. Crit is totally nice, but you gotta prioritize the 3.