The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Accuracy PvE DPS

Clucker

In a sense, after 100%... which is what all accuracy does for Vanguard abilities since most of our abilities are based off our Tech Stats. But, accuracy is rather worthless for everyone without talents until they rebalance the stat's scale.

After 100%, Accuracy begins to lower resistances of your targets. But again... Power and Surge is better for Vanguard DPS.

It is useful past 100%, it lowers resistance to all damage types (on your target) but the rate at which it climbs is so meager it may as well be negligible. As it stands, Surge to 70%, Power, at least for Vanguards, where crits are almost promised by their tree. Edited by Myxam

(...)

After 100%, Accuracy begins to lower resistances of your targets. But again... Power and Surge is better for Vanguard DPS.

Over 100%, Accuracy decreases the defense chance of your targets.

In PvE, I think one should aim for 108% on special attacks and that's very very easy to get.

In PvP, your choice but I would avoid that stat as much as possible.

Edited by Hyrune

ranged acc tooltip says it reduces targets defense

tech acc tooltip says it reduces targets resistance

http://www.swtor.com/gamemanual/how-to-play/character-sheet

However ive seen no indication through in game testing that any meaningful mitigation reduction is acheived by stacking accuracy over a targets defense stat.

Especially when compared to the benefit gained by instead using the alternate of power/surge or crit/surge enhancements.

If you could provide a formula for how it works that would be super - cant find any mention of it on sith warrior either.

I guess the "resist" stat is the chance to avoid tech/force damage which is only activated through abilities. e.g.

Force Shroud

Removes all hostile removable effects and increases your chance to resist Force and tech attacks by 100% for 3 seconds. Does not break Stealth.

My point is:

Accuracy over 100% make you hit more (or be less deflected/resisted). Do not stack it to see bigger numbers.

I'll stick to power as much as I can (after the good crit/surge ratings)

Edited by Hyrune

Yeah, I just think people are making assumptions based on those tooltips too much.. and until either an official Bioware statement or proven formula is produced, I will just continue to stick with 5% acc for PvE, and completely ignore it as a stat for PvP.

Accuracy checks against Defense Rating (Dodge/Parry); nothing else. It's pretty worthless but you still want to pump it to 105% for special attacks. No one stacks Defense Rating so you really only need the extra 5% accuracy to ensure solid hits in PvP.

Considering this thread is for PvE, defense chance and player abilities have no bearing on answering the question of the OP as PvE Enemies have neither.

Please, please make certain you're paying attention to thread before you make your comments, speaking on the wrong subject is a great way to give people the wrong impression.

*Back on-topic*

Of course, "better safe than sorry," is a fine stance to take when it comes to the unknown. But as observations I've made, and asking others, Accuracy is overall worthless gear stat. The point to percentage ratio is extremely high (at 39 of course +18 on all my armor pieces gives me a 2% difference, which makes the ratio -about- 54/1) and a lack of accuracy has shown almost no change.

As it stands, it seems 90% is hardly missing any target at least two levels over you, and at the moment, there are no mobs over level 50 in operations, which makes for a lack of use. In fact, of the enemies that have been found, only one breaks level 50, and he is friendly to both factions.

To give my point some weight, I'll list the stat-to-change ratios of the rest of the non-tanking stats (that I can find calculations for):

Bonus Damage & Healing

Damage--

Main Stat: 1 point to .2% of change ( 5 points = 1 point(s) )

Secondary Stat: Same as Main (only to Tech/Force)

Power: 1 point to .23% of change( 4 points = .92 point(s) )

Tech Power: 1 point to .231% of change ( 4 points to .924 point (s) )

Heal------

Main Stat: 1 point to .14% change ( 8 points = 1.12 points)

Secondary Stat: Same as Main

Power: 1 point to .17% change (7 points = 1.02 points)

Tech Power: 1 point to .178% change ( 6 points to 1.07 )

Critical Chance

Main Stat: 1000 points to 10% change (confirmed cap) (@ 1500 points = 10.04%)

Secondary Stat: 1 points to .247% change (124.7 points to 1%)

Critical Chance: 1 point to .2375% change (5 points to 1.15% chance)

Critical Surge

Surge: 1 point to .1724% change ( 6 points = 1.03% increase)

Accuracy

I haven't seen in hard calculations but by estimate it's 54 points to 1% change @ 39 (which means the ratio is higher for a 50 I'd estimate 70-ish to 1% change )

Of course the lack of information on Accuracy is missing, it's easy to see that the other stats have a higher rate of change.

• 4 weeks later...
Considering this thread is for PvE, defense chance and player abilities have no bearing on answering the question of the OP as PvE Enemies have neither.

Please, please make certain you're paying attention to thread before you make your comments, speaking on the wrong subject is a great way to give people the wrong impression.

*Back on-topic*

Of course, "better safe than sorry," is a fine stance to take when it comes to the unknown. But as observations I've made, and asking others, Accuracy is overall worthless gear stat. The point to percentage ratio is extremely high (at 39 of course +18 on all my armor pieces gives me a 2% difference, which makes the ratio -about- 54/1) and a lack of accuracy has shown almost no change.

As it stands, it seems 90% is hardly missing any target at least two levels over you, and at the moment, there are no mobs over level 50 in operations, which makes for a lack of use. In fact, of the enemies that have been found, only one breaks level 50, and he is friendly to both factions.

To give my point some weight, I'll list the stat-to-change ratios of the rest of the non-tanking stats (that I can find calculations for):

Bonus Damage & Healing

Damage--

Main Stat: 1 point to .2% of change ( 5 points = 1 point(s) )

Secondary Stat: Same as Main (only to Tech/Force)

Power: 1 point to .23% of change( 4 points = .92 point(s) )

Tech Power: 1 point to .231% of change ( 4 points to .924 point (s) )

Heal------

Main Stat: 1 point to .14% change ( 8 points = 1.12 points)

Secondary Stat: Same as Main

Power: 1 point to .17% change (7 points = 1.02 points)

Tech Power: 1 point to .178% change ( 6 points to 1.07 )

Critical Chance

Main Stat: 1000 points to 10% change (confirmed cap) (@ 1500 points = 10.04%)

Secondary Stat: 1 points to .247% change (124.7 points to 1%)

Critical Chance: 1 point to .2375% change (5 points to 1.15% chance)

Critical Surge

Surge: 1 point to .1724% change ( 6 points = 1.03% increase)

Accuracy

I haven't seen in hard calculations but by estimate it's 54 points to 1% change @ 39 (which means the ratio is higher for a 50 I'd estimate 70-ish to 1% change )

Of course the lack of information on Accuracy is missing, it's easy to see that the other stats have a higher rate of change.

boss mobs at level 50 have 8% defense, you need your specials to have 108% hit chance.

Hi guys, i have some questions and i don't want to make new thread.

I am leveling Vanguard for PvE. Is DPS build is good enough for Hard mode and nightmare operations. I am playing with Sentinel now but Vanguard is so fun :). Sometimes i should be off tank too. What can you suggest for DPS and Off tank builds with new changes in 1.2?

I am afraid that DPS will be not enough, but the other option is commando which i really hate.

Sorry for my english and thank you for the answer.