New 50, useless in warzones?

Kibawolf

Since hitting 50 as a marauder I've noticed that regardless of what I do in a warzone, I'm fairly useless. At least on my server, the majority of the people I see have at least champion or battlemaster gear and I can't even dent them. I'm lucky if I can break a sage's bubble right now.

Combine empire losing the majority of the warzones on my server with the random gear bags and its going to take ages before I can do anything besides be a free kill.

Have any other dps classes had this problem upon hitting 50?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since hitting 50 as a marauder I've noticed that regardless of what I do in a warzone, I'm fairly useless. At least on my server, the majority of the people I see have at least champion or battlemaster gear and I can't even dent them. I'm lucky if I can break a sage's bubble right now.

Combine empire losing the majority of the warzones on my server with the random gear bags and its going to take ages before I can do anything besides be a free kill.

What level is your gear, weapons, and mods? That information will enable people to comment more specifically as to improvements. You'll want to gear up the best you can with level 50 gear, then strike out for PvP progression gear.

Edited by Bamajawn

As I said I just hit 50. Most of my gear is modded with Corelia power/crit mods or artifice crafted crit/surge. I don't expect to be steamrolling anyone at this point, but I'm not even getting the 75k damage medal in most matches anymore. I've noticed that pretty much the only thing I can do to help is to snare/slow a ball carrier. As a melee I can't even defend a node in alderaan easily as I drop in 5-10 seconds of focus fire if my cooldowns aren't up.

As I said I just hit 50. Most of my gear is modded with Corelia power/crit mods or artifice crafted crit/surge. I don't expect to be steamrolling anyone at this point, but I'm not even getting the 75k damage medal in most matches anymore. I've noticed that pretty much the only thing I can do to help is to snare/slow a ball carrier. As a melee I can't even defend a node in alderaan easily as I drop in 5-10 seconds of focus fire if my cooldowns aren't up.

The suggestion I'd have is to hit Ilum and play around there to add better gear. I started out with 49 gear, then crafted a set of level 50 armor, purchased 50 weapons, and stuffed it with mods from Corellia and Ilum. That took some of the edge off being a fresh 50 while I worked on Cent/Champ gear. If there's an easier path, I'd like to know for the alt I'm working on now.

Edited by Bamajawn

Bioware's PVP:

You're a new player, congrats on lvl 50!

Queue up for warzone dailies! Fight and win!

What's that? You can't win because of gear imbalance? You can get more gear!

What, you can't get gear? It's easy! Just fight and win in warzones and Ilum!

You can't win because of gear imbalance? Just get more gear!

You can't get gear? Just fight and win!

Do your Bel/Ilum dailies to gear up some more for one thing. Complete all your PvP dailies/weeklies to get more Cent/Champ gear. It will take a little time but soon you'll be back in the groove.

I did attempt to go to Illum actually, but no one is ever there making farm groups when I go, and I am not competing against the 5+ other empire that are always camping the center for boxes. I'm guessing I must be on a low pop server with a huge empire imbalance.

Edited by Kibawolf

It sucks, but if you're able to finish your WZ and Ilum dailies and weeklies, you'll start being useful in about a week or so. In the meantime, just try to use any utility you have to help your team (as a mercenary, my sole purpose for a while was just to knock people into the pit/fire/acid in Huttball (in Alderaan and Void Star I did feel completely useless). You might also want to try hanging around mid when your team's about to score so you can grab the ball and pass it to someone up top real quick before you get slaughtered :D

4 days.

This is how long it takes from being a meatshield to being fairly competitive.

4 days.

Exactly. I hit 50 with 1 valor. It was before the bag change and it took me 3 weeks or so to get decent gear. Now people are getting it in a week. No one wants to work for anything anymore...

4 days.

4 days.

This.

And i'll say to you what I say to everyone saying that the empire doesn't win-get a healer and 2 others, get in vent, profit. If your win percentage doesn't dramatically increase there isn't much hope for you either way.

Exactly. I hit 50 with 1 valor. It was before the bag change and it took me 3 weeks or so to get decent gear. Now people are getting it in a week. No one wants to work for anything anymore...

Hey, I see your guild in WZ's and Ilum all the time! DIEEEE DIEEE DIEEE!!! haha jk, sort of, see you on the battlefield.

Get an Endurance stim. THey're probably dogpiling you when they see your hp.

4 days.

4 days.

Yup, you should be able to fully gear yourself in Cent comms within a week of dinging 50. If anything grind out comms in wz's and then buy champion bags. You won't be useless in cent gear, you won't be something to fear, but you won't be useless.

Why would anyone want to *work* when they get off of work and are ready to game. If I had the option to DELETE and re-level my character to 50 (at my pace takes about a month and 1/2) and start with a full set of decent gear I'd rather do that, than suffer the 50 WZ's for a week as useless baggage to gear up.

It's not a question of people disliking time sinks. It's just that it's no fun at all currently if you're a PvP centric player when you hit 50. You either have better stuff to do with your time, or you don't and perhaps eventually it becomes competitive AGAIN (it already was before you dinged).

Edited by _Marou_

Unfortunately BW has gone with the PvP statted gear route, which means you will be very weak for a little while. You're going to have pick your fights carefully and intelligently. Even if you don't do much damage, attack healers at all times as applying pressure to them keeps them from healing the opposite side. Look for people in light armor in general, they're slightly easier. Also, the Juyo form for a jedi sentinel (which I think is the mirror of the marauder) can provide small heals to several people at once through the dots, which is more useful than people think it is, so you might want to check into that as well.

just focus on the objectives and completely forget about trying to stay alive

you'll get better gear fairly soon and you'll start to hold your own a bit, happened to me. I wasted a ton of my commendations leveling up on gearing out my companions plus I was totally stupid and spent my merc commendations to get more WZ commendations to buy a freaking offhand weapon that I didn't need.

Anyway, long story short, grin and bear it and you won't be quite so squishy soon enough. Spend your cent/champ commendations wisely and get as much bang for your buck with every purchase

<--- marauder as well

Edited by HBninjaX

Let me put another option out there...

PvP in PvE gear.. NOW WAIT DON'T BURN ME YET! I'm not saying that you do it forever, but if your problem is getting some initial gear to start making a dent, do a couple HM FPs get a couple columni pieces, maybe save some tionese crystals for an okay PvE weapon and then you'll have a couple more HP, you'll survive a little longer, you'll do more damage (even if not as much because you'll lack expertise) but consider that as an optional bridge to get you into a place where you'll feel more competitive.

the day you turn 50 you can get a total of 13 Champ bags(2 daily, 6 weekly, 5 from saved commendations)...that should provide enough gear to get started

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.