Proposed Ilum Change.

oOEggmanOo

I have mentioned this in another thread, but whilst writing it, i thought it was a good enough idea, to actually start a poll on, to see if the community would think it was a good idea.

First off, for those of you who have played WoW, you will obviously remember the Hourly BG's of Wintergrasp and Tol Barad. These BG's (WZ's) were enabled for you to join once an hour, just like a normal BG. After winning the BG you would get a nice buff to your factions side. The zone was limited to a max players amount, any imbalance in the sides resulted in the grossly under-powered side being buffed considerably. Once the hours round had completed, the BG reverted back to an excplorable area, where you could grind out materials or whatever you needed.

Proposed changes for Ilum:

1. An Houly Warzone that lasts 15 minutes.

2. Max ceiling of players say about 40.

3. If sides are unequal by more than 5 players, weaker side gets a buff. Buff to scale depending on size discrepency.

4. To win Ilum, 2 nodes must be captured by end of WZ and enemy base guns destroyed.

5. Winning faction to get buff to valour for 1 hour.

6. After WZ ends Ilum would revert back to open PvP zone where you can continue to grind out weekly PvP quest of 200 kill/armaments (increase due to being able to grind it out in the hourly WZ.

It would at least make Ilum work, but after that i agree that it would be like a ghost town most likely, but as the imbalance to factions is now, it generally is anyway for one side trying to hunt down the lone character who decided to see what Ilum was about.

Anyway, what do you think, could/would this work?

Edited by oOEggmanOo

I like the idea of somehow making it a one hour warzone that resets on the hour every hour.

Teams should be evened to the lowest number with say a cap of 25 a side.

Daily quest should be 1 win.

Objectives to hold points longest, like a bigger version of Alderaan, but shrink the map more so maybe get rid of base points, they can just be the res areas maybe.

Just trying to think of a simple mechanic change that could be implemented.

With a map that large it would more then likely lead to two zergs running past each other trying to be faster then the other to destroy the guns and capture 2 points at the enemy side (like it happened in 99 out of 100 cases in the new and """""""improved""""""" AV).

The ilum map simply isn´t designed for warzone use with its vast empty spaces and they really should focus on improving it itself and not on trying to force it into a playstyle its simply not designed for.

Don´t get me wrong I would love to get a good hour long warzone like av in the old days or maybe something similar to the dota map but what I would really like to see would be an actually working RvR zone but there is a lot of work to be done:

Most importantly the engine must be further improved to allow 40vs40 without having a slideshow. How they could ever introduce RvR without testing and or improving the engine to be able to cope with it is still beyond me.

Then the mechanics must be reexamined, giving a kill the same amount of reward no matter if its 100 vs 1 or 1vs1 is simply stupid and promotes zerging way to much.

The capture points need to actually be defendable by a lower pop against higher pop ie make them have walls and placeable guns and guards. This will most likely mean that the low pop will only ever have 1 "keep" snatched in a morning raid... so the whole gives more valor thing has to go too. But at those keeps the low pop realm can actually have a fighting chance against the high pop realm, also npc guards etc can be made stronger for the low pop and easy kills in the high pop keeps (thereby allowing easy capture if not guarded by the high pop realm).

*edit also the dailies/weeklies would need to be changed from player kills to valor gained in the zone to further reduce zerging incentive.

Edited by Garbald