Playable races in patch 1.2 - Legacy system

AnimalPotential

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't seen anything in the 1.2 patch notes indicating a new race. Either the test server isn't a full implementation of the new race or there just isn't a new playable race. Perhaps there will not be new playable races come 1.2? I really want to re-roll a sage and would like to roll one of the new races if possible but there seems to be no information on it.

Every race played to 50 unlocks that race for all classes.

If you do not want to level a race to level 50 you can purchase most races for 1.5 million credits and level 8 legacy level. Humans, Cyborgs and Zabrak are 500k I believe. Humans unlock a bonus to presence since they are available to all classes. Cyborgs unlock all cyborg looks for all classes. Zabraks unlock all colors for both factions.

There are no new races being released.

FYI this is all info already released!

Edit there are you tube videos with players on PTS going through the unlocks of Legacy!

Edited by Lord_Scythe

There is always so much complaining. In some other game they are censoring a certain race that looks like children and some people are complaining about that (why, exactly?) In every game there is much complaining.

Every race played to 50 unlocks that race for all classes.

If you do not want to level a race to level 50 you can purchase most races for 1.5 million credits and level 8 legacy level. Humans, Cyborgs and Zabrak are 500k I believe. Humans unlock a bonus to presence since they are available to all classes. Cyborgs unlock all cyborg looks for all classes. Zabraks unlock all colors for both factions.

There are no new races being released.

FYI this is all info already released!

Edit there are you tube videos with players on PTS going through the unlocks of Legacy!

Thanks for the info. I have a 50 but I don't care about the new looks of the current races. I'll be re-rolling now :) Thanks!

Patch 1.2 will take a colossal crap on the integrity of the game. First we will get the removal of all restrictions on color crystals, then we will get Chiss on Republic side and Mirialan on Empire side...as if that would ever happen.

At least WoW took a couple of years to start crapping all over their own lore to accommodate forum whiners. I am really starting to become very pessimistic concerning what Bioware actually values when it comes to Star Wars.

Yes cause it is unheard of people switching sides in any conflict, fiction or factual. I mean it is not canon for a former Jedi (Anakin Skywalker) to become a very powerful Sith Lord (Lord Vader). No way a Jedi would change sides. Unheard of in OT lore I tell you! It is inconceivable! Inconceivable!

There is no way possible that factions would send in spies! I mean I am sure that in real life or fiction that has never ever happened before!

Pretty sure people who are very familiar with EU can come up with several other examples on top of this. Including ones with species specific to factions.

You lost your argument with the color crystals. Many of us have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was traditions and not restrictions in EU and OT.

You are arguing not from fact but personal feelings. You are arguing based on your viewpoint of what Star Wars should be. There are many people who do not share your same vision. Even when facts show that such exceptions exist you try to explain them a way!

It is 100% proven that characters in the SW universe can change factions. It has happened in the OT.

Facts are facts. Characters in Star Wars can change sides. The legacy system is just a way of doing that!

• 2 years later...
There are several cases of Jedi becoming Sith in the EU. And the color crystal complaint, that's just bull anyway. Exar Kun used a blue saber all through his career, in spite of buiilding a double bladed saber upon becoming the Sith Lord. Anakin kept using his blue lightsaber until it was taken by Obi-Wan, and had it not been for that he probably still would have used it. Kyp Durron used a red saber even after his return to the light, and Leia's first saber was red, given to her by her brother. There are already cannon cases of Miraluka sith, i.e. Vissas Marr. Your race doesn't matter, you can choose whichever side you want. I for one like that they are opening up the races to all factions. While it would be nice to see some new races later on, I love the selection they have now. Its still the only star wars game that lets you play as a cathar, or a pureblood sith, as well as a couple others. And to everyone who wants wookiees, might as well give up on that. At this time their homeworld was closed off, they were isolating themselves. Besides, there are plenty of other games where you can play as a wookiee.