The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Two Changes i'd like to see to Oil Slick and Heat Blast

Xsorus

Oil Slick - Keep the Accuracy Debuff, but also add a Snare Component to it as well.

Heat Blast - Add a Knockback to it, as we currently don't have one.

Those two changes are pretty much all i see needed for the Shield Tech line.

Oil Slick - Keep the Accuracy Debuff, but also add a Snare Component to it as well.

Heat Blast - Add a Knockback to it, as we currently don't have one.

Those two changes are pretty much all i see needed for the Shield Tech line.

Knockback on Heat Blast doesn't make sense to me since it's 31 points deep in the Shield tree. Only real use for it would be in PvP. If anything a knockback should be in the pyro tree, not shield tree. I think a better change would be to make Heat Blast an AoE.

I'd like the change on Oil Slick though.

Knockbacks on tanking abilities generally arent a good idea.

Oil slick had a movement speed debuff in beta, but it was removed when the ability was changed from a 31 point talent to an 11 point talent.

Here's what I'd prefer:

Heat Blast - Vents an additional 8 heat if used against a target effected by oil slick.

Oil Slick

-Add a new, 1-point talent just above oil slick, which requires oil slick to put a point into:

Ignite - When you use oil slick, you ignite the area, dealing X elemental damage each second to targets that remain in the area for the ability's duration.

Knockback on Heat Blast doesn't make sense to me since it's 31 points deep in the Shield tree. Only real use for it would be in PvP. If anything a knockback should be in the pyro tree, not shield tree. I think a better change would be to make Heat Blast an AoE.

I'd like the change on Oil Slick though.

^^^^^^

That were a tank not a little squishy DPS...if anything it should just have a better animation or AOE would be nice too

Knockbacks on tanking abilities generally arent a good idea.

Oil slick had a movement speed debuff in beta, but it was removed when the ability was changed from a 31 point talent to an 11 point talent.

Here's what I'd prefer:

Heat Blast - Vents an additional 8 heat if used against a target effected by oil slick.

Oil Slick

-Add a new, 1-point talent just above oil slick, which requires oil slick to put a point into:

Ignite - When you use oil slick, you ignite the area, dealing X elemental damage each second to targets that remain in the area for the ability's duration.

Knockback on tanking ability wouldn't be a problem, because you can't knockback most boss mobs anyway.

I still think we need an AOE snare, while your ideas are interesting, They still just add either damage or more useless fluff (vent more heat on Heat Blast for example, Heat really isn't a huge problem with Shield Tech in the first place)

As for Oil Slicks debuff, it lasts on whatever targets you hit for 18 seconds.

As for Oil Slicks debuff, it lasts on whatever targets you hit for 18 seconds.

You sure about this? I always thought it only lasted as long as the targets were in the Oilslick area. If it really lasts 18 seconds as long as they stood in the area at least once, it would probably make me respec it for PVP.

unrelated; does the oil slick accuracy debuff contingent on staying in the area? Or once the target is effected they're acc. is lowered for 18 seconds?

No, they dont have to remain in the area. It hits everyone in range, and the debuff stays until the duration is up.

(vent more heat on Heat Blast for example, Heat really isn't a huge problem with Shield Tech in the first place)

At the rakata gear level doing hardmode and nightmare mode operations, yes, heat is a problem. Due to threat scaling more slowly than damage, you're constantly struggling with holding aggro against your damage dealers, and spent a lot of time overheated because of that.

Oil Slick

When I first heard the name oil slick, I immediately thought this is what it must do, sadly it does not. I think it's a great idea.