Mechanical Symbiote never shows up

Skodan

Just keep trying, the purple mats are rare but fortunately you only need to make the medkit once. unless I am mistaken the companion crew skill can increase the critical chance which for mission skills gets you the purple mats.

Edit: In case I wasn't clear you get the purple quality material the same way you get the blue one, in this case using diplomacy and it is just a chance to get epic quality.

Edited by witewolf

• 1 month later...

This is doing my head in. No idea how many missions the comps have been on, but it's alot!

Still to see one drop. Not-a-single-one-yet!!

Somebody please confirm they've got any lately, so I don't think it's broken...

I'm not a biochem crafter, but is this one of the really top 400 crafting ability items?

If so, and if it's anything like Artifice, you might find that it only drops from big bosses (flashpoint and the like), our Biometric Crystal Alloy is like that.

--EDIT--

Just checked TorHead and it's not stupidly rare like the Biometric Crystal Alloy, but according to comments it is a pain to get. They have a list of the missions that it can drop from.

http://www.torhead.com/item/d3MHRvs/mechanical-symbiote#crew-missions

Edited by elaverick

The crew skill missions for this should go grey at about 200 Diplomacy I think.

I have several of them on my Trooper, and I think I sent Aric Jorgan on the crew skill missions to get them, so I think you will get Molecular Programmer results if you do not crit the mission result, and Mechanical Symbiote if you crit.

If you do rich tier 2 diplomacy missions, you should get 8 Molecular Programmers. If it crits, you can get 10 Molecular Programmers and 5 Mechanical Symbiotes. A blue 110 mission from GTN will get you 4 Molecular Programmers and 2 Mechanical Symbiotes, and a purple 110 mission from GTN will get you 8 Molecular Programmers and 4 Mechanical Symbiotes (more from these missions if you get a crit as well).

I was cranking out rich missions last night and ended up with about 250 Molecular Programmers and 35 Mechanical Symbiotes.