$400-$600 max settings

BuckyCameron

Hes intimidated with the process, not realizing its as simple as putting together lego's. Do yourself a favor and build your first computer yourself, its mind blowing how much you save, and truly is a fun expierience.

Newegg.com has a complete guide on youtube that literally walks you through every step (excluding things like extra side fans/controllers ect.. that you dont need) of the way.

Not to mention you wont need to replace your entire computer when you wanna upgrade, just continue to replace individual parts

I wish you luck my friend:

My Rig:

HAF932 Case

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 Motherboard

Intel I7 980 O/Clocked to 4GHZ

12Gig Ram 1600mhz running in triple channel

2 x Nvidia GTX480 running in SLI and O/clocked

2 x 120GB SSDs

120hz Monitor

On every other game be it Skyrim, Rift etc I can play on ultra settings with 120fps vsinc enabled and my graphic/memory resources are hardly touched.

On this game, I am lucky to get 60fps with shadows disabled.

There is something wrong when every other game I have payed on my rig run flawlessly and SWTOR runs like a pig.

I always found Canada Computers to have the most reasonable prices. Just skimming over their pre-built PCS this one looks like it will suit your needs.

You're not going to get a high quality pc for that much though. I wouldn't trust the parts they put in it. They just put the cheapest stuff in there to keep the cost down.

If you live in the toronto area (like me) there are canada computers outlets all over the place.

Hes intimidated with the process, not realizing its as simple as putting together lego's. Do yourself a favor and build your first computer yourself, its mind blowing how much you save, and truly is a fun expierience.

Newegg.com has a complete guide on youtube that literally walks you through every step (excluding things like extra side fans/controllers ect.. that you dont need) of the way.

Not to mention you wont need to replace your entire computer when you wanna upgrade, just continue to replace individual parts

I agree, putting together a PC is really fun. It isn't hard at all, in the past i have ruined my fair share of RAM though with OTT handling

Crikey! what CPU costs that much?

It wasnt the CPU itself, it was a Graphics card, and 1 stick of DDR3 2GB Ram. so, yeah. Honestly, im 14, really like PC's, but im REAAAAALY scared to build one. I really just want one for TOR. Thats it, Thats the only PC game I play.

EDIT: I also saved from 08 all the way to 2011. Thats when the system reccomended specs were announced. 3 years of not spending is a PAIN.

Edited by BuckyCameron

Oh btw, if you want max settings.. you will need this at least..

Nvidia 560Ti

Spec your PC around that graphics card

I have a gtx 460 and I run on max settings. Only slow down is in the fleet. Average fps is greater than 40 fps.

You can build a computer that can easily run this game at max settings, but this game will only use 30% of the computer's resources and you will still have low FPS especially in high population areas like ilum.

It is a well documented issue on the forums that even customers with $3000+ computers are getting 15-20 fps in ilum.

I would hold off upgrading until BW/EA finally fix their engine issues.

I wish you luck my friend:

My Rig:

HAF932 Case

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 Motherboard

Intel I7 980 O/Clocked to 4GHZ

12Gig Ram 1600mhz running in triple channel

2 x Nvidia GTX480 running in SLI and O/clocked

2 x 120GB SSDs

120hz Monitor

On every other game be it Skyrim, Rift etc I can play on ultra settings with 120fps vsinc enabled and my graphic/memory resources are hardly touched.

On this game, I am lucky to get 60fps with shadows disabled.

There is something wrong when every other game I have payed on my rig run flawlessly and SWTOR runs like a pig.

MMOs normally have video lag with lots of poeple in the same place. Otherwise people complaining about worse performance in what looks like similar other looking games could be something else relating to the game.

I hope it is resolved soon since people are struggling with the game especially in Illum.

Ok, im looking for a rig in Canada that can run SWTOR Max settings, and hit atleast a steady 32 FPS.

I cant build a rig AT ALL. I need a pre-built one.

don't you just love it when you tell people explicitly and emphatically that you want a custom built PC, and they have the insolence to recommend building it at home yourself?

the best custom PC builders i know are NCIX. they made my system in DEC 2010 and it's great!

http://ncix.com/

just peruse their site and either hand pick all the parts for them to assemble, or choose a pre-built one they already put together. there are a bunch for around $600. give them a call and ask the sales guy which one for that price range will satisfy the minimum specs for SWTOR.

check out their value gaming systems here:

http://pc.ncix.com/ncixpc_new/ncixpclist.cfm?categoryid=1010

i am not sure by your thread title if you mean your price range is 400-600 only.

but not many systems can be that cheap without sacrificing ability to push fps in new games.

here is a good intro "gaming" system for about as cheap as you can go there:

http://pc.ncix.com/ncixpc_new/ncixpc.cfm?uuid=974D4AE6-42E3-42AA-ACC5B6543122EE6D-3973006

Vesta Gamer i3

Your Price:

$749.00

• Intel Core i3 2100 Processor
  • GeForce GTS 450 1GB Graphics
  • Windows 7 Home Premium
  • 10 USB Ports (2 front)
  • 4GB DDR3-1333 Memory (RAM)
  • 1TB 32MB Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive
  • 22x DVD/CD Writer
  • 400W Power Supply
  • 7.1 high definition audio
  • Gigabit Ethernet

I would think about upgrading the power supply to at least 750W and the RAM to at least 8gigs. but that's just me.

Edited by Gilbara

I wasted money on my last build. Snapped my CPU because I stubbed my toe. That was $1500 down the drain.

A cpu is light, and if you dropped it because of a distraction of some sort, then be careful carrying a whole pre-built desktop.

Mt point is, if your only problem is stubbing your toe, and you can instead put the time to learn how to build a pc, make sure you are static free etc, then stubbing your toe the next time should not be a worry.

Yes you lost a lot of money the first time, but thats something that can unfortunately happen to the best of us.

Anyways, the benefit of buying a pc from alienware specifically is that the software is configured well to the hardware. So even though that is a lot of money it saves a person the trouble of installing the software in the right order, and tweaking it for optimal performance. Also if Alienware still does this, they have a cd which has all the software to install the drives for a computer in one go. That should be good of course until there are updates.

Thats the benefit of pre-built and having more support for the software.

I would recommend an intel i5-2500K and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB if your money will stretch to it. Both are easily overclockable and I run everything on high with shadowing on. However with your budget then a GTX 460 is still a very capable card.

BTW, turning shadowing off will make a big difference with FPS.

My rig

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz

CPU Cooler: Xigmatek HDT-S963

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3

Memory: 4.0GB Corsair DDR3 1600mhz XMS3 (2x 2GB)

Hard Drives: Corsair 60GB Force3 SSD S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

2nd hard drive: 2TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB

Case: CM Storm Enforcer

PSU: 600W Xigmatek

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Edited by Ellenor

If you want a rig that doesn't lag at all you need a better one than I have and mine is really, really, good.

You probably need something like this (I'm not even kidding):

120gb SSD - Fastest one you can find (575/550mb/s minimum) that is SATA III

Motherboard that supports SATA III

12gb (4gb x 3) RAM 2000MHz ++

2x GeForce 570 SLI overclocked around 25% ++

Latest Intel i7 overclocked around 25% ++

A small screen, probably around 15" to 17" (because higher resolutions require more)

Water cooling so that you can overclock your system more if needed

A 2TB HDD for storing things

And then you SHOULD be good, no guarantees.

Edited by kufa