So... when do I get a new gun?

chickdigger

Just finished up Tatooine and about to start on bonus quests... I think I've been using the corscuant commendation orange assault cannon for quite a while. When/where would I get my next orange gun? I know I probably could find one on gcn, but what quest lines give out the goodies? ;)

You are better off just replacing the mods in your orange gun with planet commendations. Barrel costs 7, mod and enhancement are 2 each. So for 11 comms you get a "new" weapon at each planet :)

Also at 34 you can equip a weapon bought from the PvP weapon vendor. It costs 535 warzone comms if I am not mistaken. You can buy a new one every 4 levels up to 46.

I have noticed flashpoints have flashpoint specific oranges and if you do the most damage you are likely to get it. I have not tried that with the commando but I have seen it done with other classes, sniper, vanguard and the jedi classes.

This person I was playing with told me to not damage the boss a lot during black talon so he can get the weapon. Sure enough it did drop. I have tried this 2 other times with different classes and it worked.

Example:

My Jedi knight companion kira uses a double-bladed lightsaber, I use a single strength based lightsaber my fiance is a sage who uses a single willpower lightsaber. During Athiss when fighting the last boss I spent more time taunting and holding agro, while my fiance spent the fight healing. Kira attacked the entire time and the boss dropped a orange athiss double-bladed lightsaber and a athiss light armor robe.