Speed buffs/charges should not be able to be used while holding the ball

BoredOfMMOS

Sure melee is currently under par with range.

But a jug jumping from ally to enemy for a cap with no way of stopping them is horrid.

the speed speaks for itself its just an unfair skill.

Oh and force choke/stasis should be a full resolve bar this is a long damage CC.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Explain.

i play a 50 powertech Tank i have jetcharge and grapple Yet i end up walking the ball for caps anyway im currently at 62 valor rank

Being at 62 valor means one of two things (both in some cases):

1) You played a lot of PvP

2) You were part of the Ilum valor farming crew.

Neither of these things make you good, so the 62 valor thing is nothing but pointless epeen.

As for your class, if you are choosing to walk the ball instead of using mobility abilities granted to you then you are bad and made worse by using the "I'm valor rank 62" epeen booster.

But a jug jumping from ally to enemy for a cap with no way of stopping them is horrid.

Oh and force choke/stasis should be a full resolve bar this is a long damage CC.

Yeah it is definitely unfair for melee classes to have a way back onto the platforms when knocked off by any of the ranged classes' numerous AoE knockbacks. You should just be able to dps them from above after knocking them into the pit. And (while we're at it) your ranged CC should build no resolve and have no CD right? ;)

Pro tip: queue with a Guardian or Juggernaut.

Edited by -Sithis-

Yeah it is definitely unfair for melee classes to have a way back onto the platforms when knocked off by any of the ranged classes' numerous AoE knockbacks. You should just be able to dps them from above after knocking them into the pit. And (while we're at it) your ranged CC should build no resolve and have no CD right? ;)

Pro tip: queue with a Guardian or Juggernaut.

Heres another protip: Slows and roots dont effect resolve.

Don't stand in the endzone where they can charge you?

Sounds like the OP got owned by a Guardian who knew how to use his tools.

Considering how many stuns and knockbacks there are in this game, why are gap-closers suddenly an issue?

So being knocked back 5m from the goal-line is fine but somehow closing that gap instantly is unfair?

Sounds like the OP got owned by a Guardian who knew how to use his tools.

Considering how many stuns and knockbacks there are in this game, why are gap-closers suddenly an issue?

So being knocked back 5m from the goal-line is fine but somehow closing that gap instantly is unfair?

100% false im just tired of watching other kids ruin games by standing at the edge

knock backs are a whole new topic.

I never said you sucked for being Valor Rank 62, I said being Valor Rank 62 doesn't make you good (and it doesn't, anyone can play pvp for 8 hours a day and hit 62, even if they just stand there).

I said you sucked for not using your gap closer to close distance when you are carrying the huttball. Which is a fact.

where did i say i dont use my gap closer?

its called getting stunned 4 times over and over because resolve is broken.

i do my gap closer all the time SORRY every game is 6 sage and sorcs all knocking me back.

Really, no leaps or speed? How bout turn down the heat of the fire or make the poison into jello. Tired of scrubnubs coming into the forums crying because they don't like a mechanic. Honestly, I think the ability to leap is working as intended and I hope to leap frog over you one day.

In addition, all healing and taunting/tanking will be lowered because my sentinel can't do that.

Later, we will also be applying restrictions based on the amount of damage players can dish out. This is to balance with the amount of damage healers can output.

We are also investigating the possibility of restricting all movement - and requiring the ball carrier to only pass. This will encourage more strategy among players, and help balance the game out.

In addition, all healing and taunting/tanking will be lowered because my sentinel can't do that.

Later, we will also be applying restrictions based on the amount of damage players can dish out. This is to balance with the amount of damage healers can output.

We are also investigating the possibility of restricting all movement - and requiring the ball carrier to only pass. This will encourage more strategy among players, and help balance the game out.

Don't forget having to /clubdance everytime you score.

A lot of people are attacking the OP right off the bat based on nonsense and guess work, but they don't seem to have grasped what the thread is about.

It has nothing to do with using gap closers or speed abilities during combat. It's about using speed and jumps while holding the ball for cheep scores while other classes have no way to catch up to them or score as easily.

He's right. It wouldn't kill these classes who use force speed and long range jumps to score, to have to pass like the rest of us.

pulls/intercede are the counter to knockbacks

if you get rid of one gorup you would have to get rid of the other

then thered be a whole slew of abilities you cant access in huttball

which would be rather dumb

i see tank classes walking through the fire slow mo...

so should dmg reduction abilities be nix'd too when holding?

while we're at it lets stop assasins from using blackout whilst holding the ball

after that we can dis-allow the person holding the ball to be gaurded!

trust me if all these things were removed huttball would be so dull

oh and im valor 62 and i did not farm ilum that first day..

i think youll find those who did are war heroes by now

try being a sorc and taking 3.5k ticks in the flames but watch other classes take 2k or even 1k

Edited by wwkingms

A lot of people are attacking the OP right off the bat based on nonsense and guess work, but they don't seem to have grasped what the thread is about.

It has nothing to do with using gap closers or speed abilities during combat. It's about using speed and jumps while holding the ball for cheep scores while other classes have no way to catch up to them or score as easily.

He's right. It wouldn't kill these classes who use force speed and long range jumps to score, to have to pass like the rest of us.

So a player should be punished for his choice of class? Because in order to validate this decision BW would have to remove ALL movement-increase, gap closers, gap openers, pretty much any ability that allows you to control where you or your opponent moves to (pull, charge, grapple, rescue, jet boost, overload, etc) otherwise this would be completely unbalanced.

Even if they removed all those things, classes are still being punished for making a choice in which class they wanted to play. Not only that, but at this point you might as well make every class the same. Give them all the same abilities, gear, level, rank, name, color, race, gender, whatever. MMOs that give players ability differences only to later take them away in the name of "fairness" are MMOs that fail.

So a player should be punished for his choice of class? Because in order to validate this decision BW would have to remove ALL movement-increase, gap closers, gap openers, pretty much any ability that allows you to control where you or your opponent moves to (pull, charge, grapple, rescue, jet boost, overload, etc) otherwise this would be completely unbalanced.

Even if they removed all those things, classes are still being punished for making a choice in which class they wanted to play. Not only that, but at this point you might as well make every class the same. Give them all the same abilities, gear, level, rank, name, color, race, gender, whatever. MMOs that give players ability differences only to later take them away in the name of "fairness" are MMOs that fail.

You're still not understanding the point AT ALL.

LoL... NOTHING is being "removed".... the OP is about players holding the ball and using movement abilities to score very quickly rather than passing the ball like other classes do.

You wouldn't be punished for your class, you'd only lose the ability while holding the ball .Why is that so hard to understand? The playing field would be leveld so that certain classes aren't the premere scorers in Huttball. Any time you're not holding the ball you'd be free to use your abilities as usual.

Only when holding the ball would certain abilities be off limits.

So your entire rant about taking away everyone's abilites is completely pointless in this toiic. :rolleyes:

My agent can't stealth while holding the ball. Think about that....

Edited by Spymaster