Stun of the Rakghouls

Can someone at bioware pease explain to me why the hell they put these mercenary mobs in this game?

How a parties perspective is fighting a group of rakghouls with a mercenary and screamer in it.

Pull+30sec stun > knockback > pull+30sec stun > pull+30sec stun > pull+30sec stun > pull+30sec stun > knockback > pull+30sec stun > dead...

Why the hell is there not a cooldown on these mobs? They litterally spam the **** and it takes us like 4 times to get past a room full of these mobs..

FIX THIS ****!!

I finally got around to running Kaon on HM the other night and have to agree.

I mean, we only wiped on trash once and that was just some bad luck with a screamer blasting me into to another group of mobs but good GOD the mercs were annoying. The Mercs and Hunters aren't terribly hard to stop but it's just not fun dealing with them.

The hunters are fun because their incapacitate is fairly short and as far as I can tell interruptible with damage. The mercs are just irritating.

The worst is the bonus boss however. Good luck to you if you don't have some good CC and coordination. Vent is your friend.

cc the mercenary, stand with your back to a wall for the screamer... whats the problem?

Pretty much this.

The Merc stun is interruptable, if you have no interrupts or it's on cd, you can stop it through knockbacks or stuns.

If you're pulling a group with a Bloated or a Screamer, don't stand with your back to another group, common sense imo. Pull the mobs back if you need space, you don't need to fight them where they stand.

cc the mercenary, stand with your back to a wall for the screamer... whats the problem?

Oh man.. why did I never think about this before!!!! :rolleyes:

/sarcasim...

Seriously though... its workable for sure, but they just spam the ****.. very annoying and not really neccessary to the extent in which they do it.. i mean seriously.. they are trash mobs..

This whole zone is full of champions and 10 mob pulls... it takes twice as long to plan trash as it does to actually fight all the bosses.

Suggestion for the bonus boss.

Rename the 3 adds that drop to Alpha, Brava, Charlie or something to that effect.

Trying to plan CC's accordingly is a facepalm at best. Always end up getting 1 mob CC'd twice.

i just did Kaon on HM last nite. the Mercs casued alot of problems, but then once we figured out that if u CC one and kill the other ASAP (assuming there are 2 in mob) and interrupt "constrict" ("The Merc stun is interruptable, if you have no interrupts or it's on cd, you can stop it through knockbacks or stuns." this isnt true i was interuppting them all the time) they arent too much an issue, and besdes its called HARD mode for a reason.

the bloated guys were more annoying than the Mers (in my opinion), if they pop near yer healer or in your party, its almost certain you are going to wipe.

Edited by Rerkk

<sigh> L2P the mobs should never ever trouble you. You have something called CC use it. The mercs CC is interruptable, do it. The screamers mean you should learn to tank with your back to the wall and have your dps stand where they cannot aggro another group.

Or wait how about pull them to a safer area to help with the screamers.

http://left4dead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Smoker

As in that game, you can and should break the channeled incap and damage. With interupts/stuns/mez's/kb's, you know, those things that you may have used now and again in last 50 levels... :rolleyes:

Mercs should either be CC'd or killed as a priority. If you can't manage to coordinate this, /shrug, not much help for you. No reason to nerf Kaon, it's a fun and challenging instance.

Suggestion for the bonus boss.

Rename the 3 adds that drop to Alpha, Brava, Charlie or something to that effect.

Trying to plan CC's accordingly is a facepalm at best. Always end up getting 1 mob CC'd twice.

I've been clearing HM Kaon Under Siege since it was released and actually enjoy the variety of the trash and the Bonus boss mechanics. The bonus boss is pretty healing / dps intensive but easily killed with the correct CC's. If you are having trouble with 1 mob getting 2 CC's, try assigning a rough area for CC's (1 person CC's left, 1 person CC's right, kill the middle add). We also started using our 4s stun on the add before our 1min CC to ensure nobody was on the wrong mob. Using that, nobody should ever overlap CC's on the same mob. Good luck to anyone who is having difficulty with this!

I finally got around to running Kaon on HM the other night and have to agree.

I mean, we only wiped on trash once and that was just some bad luck with a screamer blasting me into to another group of mobs but good GOD the mercs were annoying. The Mercs and Hunters aren't terribly hard to stop but it's just not fun dealing with them.

The hunters are fun because their incapacitate is fairly short and as far as I can tell interruptible with damage. The mercs are just irritating.

The worst is the bonus boss however. Good luck to you if you don't have some good CC and coordination. Vent is your friend.

Mercs are really fricking annoying. Had a few groups with a healer that was new to the place body pull while I was venting heat/seething and the mercs would grab him and we have to do the rest of the pack without healer.

They're just the appropriate difficulty for an annoying mob(considering EVERYONE has a stun-remover which allows you out and the merc is forced to continue the cast making it useless), but the fact they are consistently paired with screamers makes those 3 or 4 packs in kaon a real mind-number.

I'd like to highlight room-before-bonus-boss as a major offender.

And on your bonus boss...

Bonus boss is draggable pretty much all the way to the beginning and the summoned droids ALWAYS are summoned at his original location. All you need to do is pull the boss and run to the hallway before the behemoth, then you can take your time with the little droids or have an assassin/operative vanish and pick you guys up.

EDIT: I know the above isn't how it should be done, but you try being in groups with 2 jugs, an assassin, and a sorc and try to figure out a CC order. XD

Edited by Sivenom