Underworld Trading Metals bugged?

ZeridanShear

Has anyone had any issues with the Rich Rank 5 or 6 Metal missions? I am constantly getting returns of only blue materials, and usually 2-4 instead of a 'rich' yield. I've completed around 15-20 rich of both rank 5 and 6 over the past few days, and not a single purple has come back. All done with companions at 10k affection as well.

This is, of course, if I even get the blasted metals listed on my mission list and not just companion gifts.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Dunno about the grade 5 mission, but the grade 6 is actually a "moderate" mission, not a "rich". It's mislabeled. If it were actually "rich", it would be yellow and more expensive.

Aye, that one I've been avoiding. I've been having this issue with any/all that pop up Rich for Metals.

There are no genuine "rich" mission for grade 6. Only a mislabeled "moderate". You can't be running "rich" grade 6 missions like you said in the OP because there aren't any.

That aside, purple metals are pretty rare, especially considering the length of the missions. That's why 80%, if not more, of my metals come from unlocked mission items. I get them from Slicing and I also snap them up from the GTN if run across any at 20k or less. Relying on normal UT mission alone yields very little purple metals.

There were once bountiful/rich missions, but they disappeared some time ago leaving only the false rich metal and only companion gifts as bountiful/rich.

Have also noticed this with the Treasure Hunting and Archaeology level 6 missions as well.

They broke something when they tried to fix something else.

Any of the tier 6 metal missions can crit, even if none of them is bountiful/rich.

I've had companions without a UT Crit bonus come back with Mando Iron after running the moderate/abundant missions. They are all at 10K affection, but other than Tanno Vik, they don't have anything to give them an advantage.

You can run all the tier 6 missions at once if you're willing to relog a few times to get them to show up in the list. That, at least, guarantees you plenty of ciridium. Mando Iron will depend on affection and your own luck.

I still think T6 purple metals are a lot more rare than T6 purple gemstones.

My companion (10k affection, no mission bonus) comes back with the T6 purple gemstone all the time.

My other companion (8k+ affection, +2 crit UT) almost never comes back with T6 purple metals.

Running all the usual Moderate/Abundant T6 missions all the time.

Edited by Rhaphael

I still think T6 purple metals are a lot more rare than T6 purple gemstones.

My companion (10k affection, no mission bonus) comes back with the T6 purple gemstone all the time.

My other companion (8k+ affection, +2 crit UT) almost never comes back with T6 purple metals.

Running all the usual Moderate/Abundant T6 mission all the time.

I guarantee you've not done enough missions to have a meaningful statistical sample. And now that you think you see a discrepancy, you'll continue to see it. Come back when you've made a detailed record of a thousand missions and perhaps you'll have some evidence to support what you're claiming.

I guarantee you've not done enough missions to have a meaningful statistical sample. And now that you think you see a discrepancy, you'll continue to see it. Come back when you've made a detailed record of a thousand missions and perhaps you'll have some evidence to support what you're claiming.

Of course I don't have a meaningful statistical sample because that would take many months to collect (taking into account the duration of the missions and the time spend to refresh the list when there are no metal mission available). No one has.

But this hunch is the best I (or anyone) can do at the moment. And just because it's a hunch, that doesn't mean it should be ignored. I am aware that it doesn't say much though, I don't treat it as highly valuable myself.

I only know that in the time it took me to obtain ~200 blue T6 metals, I have gotten ~10 purple T6 metals. While in the time it took me to obtain ~200 blue T6 gemstones, I have gotten ~40 purple T6 gemstones. I know, random and all, but still..

Edited by Rhaphael

So to answer the OP's original question, it seems that yes UT Missions are bugged. Labelling something "Rich yeild" when it's really a tier 6 Underworld Trading lucky bag mission is bugged, sending Kaliyo out (9k affection, +2 crit on UT) for an hour at a cost of 2k for her to return with 2 blue metals is completely bogus!

UT metal missions are the bain of my online existence, I counted the other night, in t4, 5 and 6 not one mission for metals but 14 for companion gifts?!? And to fix this I need to log out and back in again?

I was asking around just this past Friday because I thought they had stealth buffed the rate of return on MI.

In one afternoon, my companions came back with something like 12 to 15 of them.

RNG peeps; RNG.

One good thing about the grind is that soon, when my armormech starts making T6 gear, I'll finally have something to do with the roughly 1,000 Ciridium that's currently clogging up my bank.