People not being worth valor is faction wide. Not player specific. Dumb mechanic

stevesetoe

I entered Ilum today, pulled some guy over the deadzone as my first target, thus first kill in Ilum of the day and I get the msg that he has recently been killed and isn't worth any valor.

Are the devs really that lazy?

Why did this apply to me. If it didn't work for the people who killed him fine, but don't make it so it applies to everyone. it's just silly.

Simply said, the "Not currently worth valor" should only apply to the people who got an update/valor from him within the time required for it to reset, not just for everyone.

You already made Ilum terrible enough. It really didn't need to get worse.

I concur. Had the same issue today. People were kill trading. I didn't participate. Found someone solo, killed them, got no credit due to the trading. I was really quite unhappy. It should be an individual basis, and whatever the system changes to, please for the love of batman make it stop the kill trading. :(

I agree, not getting valor should only apply to the players that recently got valor from him.

The whole point of this was BW's answer to stop the valor trading going on. Instead of coding it to only apply to the actual players involved, they went the lazy route. Just make him worthless to everyone for a time.

That's exactly how I would expect it to work. How it does.

"this target has been killed recently" - makes sense to me. Doesn't matter who killed.

Which is fine, if they get rid of the kill trading. It is ghastly to think people are being rewarded for going back and forth freely without a fight, and those that actually fight are being penalised.

Which is fine, if they get rid of the kill trading. It is ghastly to think people are being rewarded for going back and forth freely without a fight, and those that actually fight are being penalised.

How exactly can they "get rid of kill trading"?

How can they stop lazy people on either faction from communicating with the enemy (even if /say didn't work they could use these forums, unofficial forums, voip, etc) from trading kills?

This is a serious question - how do you stop that without making killing the enemy (when not kill trading) not worth doing?

How can they stop lazy people on either faction from communicating with the enemy (even if /say didn't work they could use these forums, unofficial forums, voip, etc) from trading kills?

This is a serious question - how do you stop that without making killing the enemy (when not kill trading) not worth doing?

You're missing our point.

If they can't stop kill trading, atleast make it so we don't suffer from it.

Let's say, I kill trade. My target is otw back when you run in to him. You never even seen him in the past week, so you kill him, and get no update/valor/credit/etc cause I was kill trading with him.

Also.

If you see a group kill trading, you can just jump in and kill whoever they are trading with/waiting in line and spoil their kill trading. notify people ing eneral chat and tell them where to look. it will discourage them from trading cause people might actually bother to come out and get updates, instead of not getting them half the time cause someone else not even near you has killed them recently.

It's only better to do it that way, I don't see a downside to it.

You're missing our point.

If they can't stop kill trading, atleast make it so we don't suffer from it.

Let's say, I kill trade. My target is otw back when you run in to him. You never even seen him in the past week, so you kill him, and get no update/valor/credit/etc cause I was kill trading with him.

Also.

If you see a group kill trading, you can just jump in and kill whoever they are trading with/waiting in line and spoil their kill trading. notify people ing eneral chat and tell them where to look. it will discourage them from trading cause people might actually bother to come out and get updates, instead of not getting them half the time cause someone else not even near you has killed them recently.

It's only better to do it that way, I don't see a downside to it.

If you had killed him while roaming then I found him and killed him again the result would be exactly the same (no valor gain).

It's not suffering because of kill trading, it's exactly what the system was designed to do.

Edited by Jestunhi

Banning is the better way, you can't eradicate it, but make it unworthy.

Banning is the better way, you can't eradicate it, but make it unworthy.

Just so I'm clear, I agree that kill trading is a bad thing and would have no issues with punishments (although more likely the loss of valor gained since BW has told us that their metrics are very detailed about how & where each char gained each piece of valor - they told us this when discussing imps that invaded the Ilum pub base and spawn camped).

However think the best they will be able to do is discourage it, not stop people doing it.

It's not just about kill trading.

I just agreed with something somoene else said, cause, well I agree.

What it's about is it being a dumb mechanic.

In no other game I've played, this was ever the case.

People who had killed him wouldn't get an update/reduced reward for killing him again, while people who didn't get credit before, got full credit.

I've read smewhere that you don't agree with the "Imps outnumber Puvs on most servers" thing.

I'd like to ask you to lvl a republic character on Chuundar, go in to a full ops group, go out and see what happens.

t's simply a fact of them outbumbering us all the time.

If we go out of our base, we get zerged down. Sure we get some kills in, but we also feed them more than we are getting kills.

So not getting updates for someone I didn't kill before only makes it harder for us.

I'm not sitting here trying to tell you you're wrong, cause you're entitled to your opinion but it simply shouldn't be this way in my opinion.

It's just a simple case of the devs taking the easy way out again, and that's getting annoying, cause they seem to do it with everything.

I somewhat enjoy the game but I want to enjoy it more. I want it to be a good game, not just a filler till GW2.

Showing us that they take it seirous instead of taking the easy way out all the time builds our trust towards them.

Atleast, this is how I see it.

A ban is the best way to discourage it.

Won't happen.

:edit:

Maybe after repeated warnings, but these players pay Bioware for access to the game every month - bans are a last resort for an MMO company.

Edited by Jestunhi

A ban is the best way to discourage it.

If only BW could be arsed about banning people who exploit/cheat etc.

On our server there are a couple of imps (and probably pubs too but since you don't fight them you don't notice) who just exploit blatantly.

I will stand in stealth in Voidstar defending a door and I usually wait for someone to start capping before I spin kick him off the door. Then you just see someone walking in to the door and cappig it. My nly chance is to AoE him till he's dead. Can't see him, can't target him, nothing.

Two nights ago I had this with a guy.

He would be behind the door just defusing bombs over and over. We'd blow it up by aoe spamming the door to interrupt him and he would just be there, behind the door.

Or standing in the pillar with the bridge control.

or this one guy, who would just run between left and right so quck that he could interrupth everyone trying to cap on his own.

They've all been reported plenty of times by pretty much everyone I've been in WZs with, but they still do it, every day, seemingly not caring much aboutg etting banned, cause it just doesn't happen.

But apparently you can't kill people who are fighting a world boss on a PVP server cause that's griefing and seems to result in a warning really quick.

Again, it's about BW officials being lazy. Like with this update/valor thing.