Do the developers PvP?

Coltainedark

Honest question. I've played games before where the person in charge of PvP development had very limited experience in PvP which led to his getting ROFL stomped on some of the test servers - as evidenced, it clearly caused some imbalances in PvP, which, if discussed, could have been foreseen by the community.

(Game I am talking about is Ultima Online, another EA production).

So, honest question.

Do the developers in charge of PvP actually PvP?

If so, what classes are their mains, what lvl of valor have they actually achieved, have they leveled their characters legitimately (valor and otherwise) in WZs?

Just curious to know...

The CEO of Safeway would probably be using his products (or at least you'd hope so) and not shopping at Walmart for food. As a business person, would you sell a product that you don't believe in? Maybe you would, and in some business models it is unavoidable, but you'd think with an MMO, you could at least have some quality control in place to ensure the product you are creating has long term value...

Um so one thing i heard a long while back was that bioware actually hired a lot of talent from mythic to help design the pvp. These are the guys that developed the warhammer mmo and, before that, Dark ages of camelot. Both of these games were heavily centered around pvp so uuh yea I have a feeling a few of them do a little pvp themselves.

if someone could please correct me if I'm totally off and have my facts/devs mixed up but I think this is the case.

Um so one thing i heard a long while back was that bioware actually hired a lot of talent from mythic to help design the pvp. These are the guys that developed the warhammer mmo and, before that, Dark ages of camelot. Both of these games were heavily centered around pvp so uuh yea I have a feeling a few of them do a little pvp themselves.

if someone could please correct me if I'm totally off and have my facts/devs mixed up but I think this is the case.

This is, indeed, the case. I suspect, though, that they have;

• been corralled into non-PvP roles,
  • been silenced by their bosses,
  • not had any budget to develop PvP.

Also, remember the boss from Mythic was dirtily sacked by EA. I think it was his vision that made Warhammer's RvR the best and most fun PvP I have ever seen.

Edited by svartalfimposter

Warhammer online was a steaming pile of ****.

The devs are very familiar with pvp.. sucky pvp.

This is, indeed, the case. I suspect, though, that they have;

• been corralled into non-PvP roles,
  • been silenced by their bosses,
  • not had any budget to develop PvP.

Also, remember the boss from Mythic was dirtily sacked by EA. I think it was his vision that made Warhammer's RvR the best and most fun PvP I have ever seen.

I just find it interesting that EA decides to instill their own people (from Mythic, a company they purchased), instead of letting Bioware, which has been able to pump out high quality products (although not multiplayer ones) do their own thing.

Just baffling.