Addon support

conanl

I hadn't considered other values until I considered people with disabilties and that macro's can sometimes facilitate their ability to play. Having features that allow for people with disabilites is a good thing imo.

+1 point to you sir.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, efficiency is fun. I had a great add-on (and then another one when that stopped getting updated) that added a button that allowed me to sell all my junk to the vendor with one click. It also kept track of what was most and least valuable in my inventory. This isn't as relevant in SWTOR, but little things like that are what I would use add-ons for.

This ^ and more.

Setting aside Boss Mods, there are many little quality of life things that I miss in SWTOR from WoW.

1. An addon that tracks all my items across characters. In WoW I can scroll over an item and it tells me how many of those I have across all my characters. Same thing for credits.

2. My WoW crafting addon that tells me how many of what kinds of things I need to craft items (looks across all characters to see what I have and what I would need to buy.)

3. My heads up display that I can customize so even an older fellow like myself can see my cooldowns, buffs, debuffs, much more easily than I can in SWTOR.

4. My UI customization tools that let me completely change the look and feel of my interface from time to time. It makes the game seem fresh and new.

And many many more.

With the free Curse tool keeping addons up-to-date for any supported game is trivial. BTW Curse already has a SWTOR addon section, no addons yet, but the section is there :)

The last thing I remember reading from the Dev team was that addons were something they were considering down the road. I'm sure if you are interested and search you can find the reference.

Edited by Erasimus

@ Crawelc

Yeah until you are impacted by it, I think sometimes it just doesn't occur to us. I have no issues at present with manual dexterity. However, there are people in my life with varying degrees that I know, from severe arthritus to a broken neck and moderate mental impairment.

Sometimes it's those little things in games that allows them to not only participate with the rest of our friends but feel like they are fully contributing. Any feature that enables someone, I think goes a long way in improving the quality of life for people who are sometimes left on the sidelines.

If you read your own thread that was closed.. Someone suggested downloading an app to use macros.. That app is an addon.. Thanks for noticing.. :cool:

That being said, i didn't think this game supported using apps, addons, etc...

While we are on the addon topic. I was not huge into addons, but there was a specific addon I used exclusively known as TauntMaster. Sadly i don't think it was widely used. But it allowed me to simply click on party members nameplates when they had aggro and it would automatically taunt an enemy off them without me even having to target that enemy. was very convenient.

Though also, the little bit of time i spent healing, I used Healbot

So... I don't get it. You can do Macros. I have a Logitech keyboard with Macro buttons. Essentially you record the clicks and voila an in game Macro. With other similar software like synapse you can do the same. So... is the question why isn't there a macro addon?

BTW, I've researched the Star Wars Keyboard a bit including some in depth discussions with a few people that have them. The buttons in question are not directly interfacing with the game like and addon. They are programmable, just like any other keyboard/mouse button from other vendors. Razer does not have an exclusive there, but they sure make it look like they do, aesthetically.

Edited by Rafaman

So... I don't get it. You can do Macros. I have a Logitech keyboard with Macro buttons. Essentially you record the clicks and voila an in game Macro. With other similar software like synapse you can do the same. So... is the question why isn't there a macro addon?

BTW, I've researched the Star Wars Keyboard a bit including some in depth discussions with a few people that have them. The buttons in question are not directly interfacing with the game like and addon. They are programmable, just like any other keyboard/mouse button from other vendors. Razer does not have an exclusive there, but they sure make it look like they though, aesthetically.

See now I am curious about this, I have never heard of that technique or had any experience using a program like synapse. The only macro experience I had was with the built in macros that you could program in WoW and that is what I was talking about.

See now I am curious about this, I have never heard of that technique or had any experience using a program like synapse. The only macro experience I had was with the built in macros that you could program in WoW and that is what I was talking about.

Ah... ok. Well, keyboard and mice vendors have there apps running in the background. So... you use their app to setup your macro. The macro works in the game but is governed by the app running in the background not TOR. Similar to real time combat parsers. They run in the background of the game but you can see them in real time as an overlay in the game.