Do You Like SWTOR In It's Current State? YES/NO

StrikeOfLight

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since 1.2 character balance is worse than it has ever been. PvP has been messed with to the point where no skill is involved anymore - its just a dps fest. I hope this gets fixed as the rest of the additions have been great.

SWTOR has the potential to be a great game but sometimes I feel we are taking 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

I like it but I cant say yes. Healing is fun on my Operative. No need to make a ton of macros. Get, easy heal crits between 5500 and 6200 in average HM gear.

This game is refreshing when compared to others that required you to write out macros to chain cast.

I like the potential of this game. It gets boring at 50. Im on a moderate to high population server and its hard to find flashpoint groups, ops groups, and PVP becomes a drag when you fight the same groups over and over and over again.

Crafting is on the right track but not perfect. A lot of professions got love but other like Bio and Cyber didnt really change at all and the schematic drops from HMs and Ops are rare.

And there are bugs. A lot that arent game breakers but they get really annoying (Jet noise on the Imperial fleet after 1.2)

If they had more spontaneous events like the Rakghoul Plague the game would move up in my book.

The game really needs a LFG tool. And make PVP queue up with multiple servers. Tired of facing the same people over and over again.

It has its good points, and its bad. I like it enough to keep playing but eventually as it is, I will get bored. I've been playing this game for close to a year now and it just seems repetitive. (So its undecided)

No,

As a pvper mostly, i enjoy it that said over all zone design kind of discourages world pvp, illum was poorly designed but, really comes down to 1.2. I loved legacy but way that current nerfs were done and handled were very poorly done and handled. Not only did they kill 3-4 different spec/classes also buffed a class that really didnt need it... additionally was no compensation of other trees that needed it for nerfed classes... thus whole patch just screams nerf! on top of that getting almost zero rewards for warzones is just not fun... the game still needs alot of work and i fear time is running out.

No.

They dont seem to know what they are doing.

to them, it's healthy to see low population servers.

Customer service is terrible too.

One department pushes to one another, goes in a loop.

Edited by YouYongku

No,

As a pvper mostly, i enjoy it that said over all zone design kind of discourages world pvp, illum was poorly designed but, really comes down to 1.2. I loved legacy but way that current nerfs were done and handled were very poorly done and handled. Not only did they kill 3-4 different spec/classes also buffed a class that really didnt need it... additionally was no compensation of other trees that needed it for nerfed classes... thus whole patch just screams nerf! on top of that getting almost zero rewards for warzones is just not fun... the game still needs alot of work and i fear time is running out.

MMORPG Key Term RP not MMOPVP

No !

I enjoy the game so far ( level 38) but will quit at 50 if no new end-game content:

Will stay or come back if:

Space system like freelancer

Commerce system ( buy/selling commodity from planet to another)

Starship housing, customisation

New mission on every planet: Smuggling, Bounty-Hunting, Stealing goods, Slicing,

More action at cantina ( Bartender rumor and such)

Mini-games

I'll stay if i had always somethinh new to do with my caracter that give me the impression of continuing is story ! Will quit if i had always the same thing to do ( NO interest in Daily, flashpoint, etc).

No.

The problem for me is that, months later, it still feels like a single player game with MMO elements tacked on. To me, when I'm playing an MMO, I want to be able to group, meet people, and enjoy the leveling process as I learn my class both solo and in parties. Explore the world, find new things, and feel like my crafting matters.

I don't feel any of that in TOR. Putting aside the population issues, I have never experienced an MMO that was so prohibitive regarding grouping while leveling. I understand BioWare was going for the story element, but there's no reason to lock off huge swaths of content behind class barriers. All this does is force people to solo the vast majority of the time from levels 1 to 50. I get they didn't want people to see all of the class cutscenes, but that could have been addressed differently than blocking everyone not class X from entering story area Y.

Because grouping is so prohibitive (and because populations are horrendous), the game feels like a ghost town. You may run across a handful of people, but they're off playing their own version of their "single player" content and often won't even bother talking to you. No need to group and no need for player to player interaction for crafting means no real opportunity to meet new people and make new friends.

I understand that some people like to level solo. By all means that should be a viable option. But there are some of us who like the idea of meeting folks and grouping. As the game stands currently, we have to play the "solo" playstyle for the vast majority of our time until 50, unless we get really lucky and stumble across an (very rare) occasion of someone looking to do a Heroic or Flashpoint.

The linear nature of the worlds (and the fact that huge chunks are blocked off for class specific areas) obliterates any need to explore. This has always been a huge disappointment. An MMO with hallways just doesn't feel like an MMO; As far as I'm concerned, exploration has always been a hallmark of the MMO genre. I never really classified Guild Wars 1 as an MMO for much the same reason (plus the reliance on henchmen and the silly level cap system). I can't even begin to count the hours I spent exploring areas in MMOs I've played over the years, and how many people I've met who became friends or guild mates while doing so. That level of interaction just doesn't exist in TOR. In this regard, the worlds feel like a typical single player console game where we're ushered along from point A to point B, C, D, and E, then back to A with no reason to go through it again until we make another class.

While I give them credit for adding content with 1.2, the problem for me is that the game just still feels like a single player game. Please don't point at end game or pvp, because both of them are still very lacking.