Warzone Punishment. Or: Let's shoot ourselves in the foot!

GavNash

Yes! because further disincentivizing and punishing players in the one area where there's actually something to do (PvP) other than sit around spamming LFG is really going to help player retention.

I hope the people who whined and pushed for this enjoy the +15-30 minutes added to their queue times. Because no form of punishment is going to keep someone from not quitting something they are not having fun at. I can't wait to see all the posts flooding PvP about the "long queue times" after this. I also have to wonder if these people asking for other players to be punished actually do think they are playing a single player game.

I for one am glad I'm going to be long unsubbed by the time this is rolled to live.

Do people forget that this isn't the only game in the world? Quit a WZ that was unfair? Buggy? Locked out for 15 minutes or whatever? = Play Xbox with some actual friends you can talk to = Whoops forgot about SWTOR = One less player standing around in fleet.

This is absolutely the wrong time to push something that penalizes players, and is the prime example of the dev team wasting precious time and effort on something that is not needed.

What's the worst that happens when a player quits? Oh, you win one fast, or lose one fast (and if it's a win, hope it counts) and then cycle right on through to the next WZ where you will probably get a good fight. All the things they say are "working as intended" and this one actually works well, regardless.

For some Republic or Sith on various servers, this is literally the only way they can complete their dailies some days.

Even when people do quit, heck those people are usually replaced nearly instantaneously on servers with a fair population.

And to think people on low population servers are pushing for this. You've gotta wonder why some people are always voting against their own interests.

(This was an earlier post of mine but I think a constructive thread needs to be built around this issue...I don't expect the developers to listen to this, but oh well. I've got a day left on my sub to voice concerns because I honestly do hope that this game is pulled out of its steadily downward and wrong trajectory.)

Edited by GavNash

If you are the kind of player who'd rather quit out and screw the next guy in line over rather than finish the mess you made then the game really wont suffer when you leave.

exactly... people like the op are so selfish and ignorant. its unbelievable how many are that stupid.

if you go into one WZ then its YOUR WZ + the others in it. If your team loses... dont quit, you **** up the time of other ppl who have NOTHING to do with that. You are wasting other peoples time, nothing else.

And im sick of idiots quitting just because they cant take a lose like a man or because they are little boys who whines about everything in a game.

take your lose, for whatever reason it is at this moment... (i know you boys always have an excuse for losing, and its NEVER yourself, right?)

and dont waste the time of others whow ill join this ****ed up warzone after you quit it. Of course there are reason to leave, but 99% are leaving because they have either no balls to fight for a win or just some whiny litte boys who cant take a lose.

Just because your team didnt take the mid in civil war is NO F*CKING reasont o leave the WZ after 2 f*cking minutes playing. Take 0:1 in huttball is also not a reason... the only reason is beeing an immature boy who cant take a lose or just starts crying when something is not going like he wants it to be.

Edited by nodq

If you are the kind of player who'd rather quit out and screw the next guy in line over rather than finish the mess you made then the game really wont suffer when you leave.

Exactly!

I sit it out all the way to the end, even when I get into a game where we were losing badly already. It's not nice, but if I can do it, who can't?

I don't have the patience to grind for gear, but at least I don't piss people off by leaving warzones because my team is losing.

Edited by Krondorf

I just played a match in 10-49 bracket, where besides me the highest level guy was level 15. Five were level 10. We got STOMPED, badly, as most of the enemy team was in at least 30s.

So if I were to quit this match, I would be the one that gets punished? Not the level 10 guys who screwed themselves AND me over royally? Wow, you're brilliant!

exactly... people like the op are so selfish and ignorant. its unbelievable how many are that stupid.

if you go into one WZ then its YOUR WZ + the others in it. If your team loses... dont quit, you **** up the time of other ppl who have NOTHING to do with that. You are wasting other peoples time, nothing else.

And im sick of idiots quitting just because they cant take a lose like a man or because they are little boys who whines about everything in a game.

take your lose, for whatever reason it is at this moment... (i know you boys always have an excuse for losing, and its NEVER yourself, right?)

and dont waste the time of others whow ill join this ****ed up warzone after you quit it. Of course there are reason to leave, but 99% are leaving because they have either no balls to fight for a win or just some whiny litte boys who cant take a lose.

Just because your team didnt take the mid in civil war is NO F*CKING reasont o leave the WZ after 2 f*cking minutes playing. Take 0:1 in huttball is also not a reason... the only reason is beeing an immature boy who cant take a lose or just starts crying when something is not going like he wants it to be.

Wow, sounds like you have some real issues you need to deal with personally. I wasn't specific about anything, other than this is a stupid solution that is going to discourage expedient PvP queue pops, nor did I say I even personally quit games.

But since so many bads came in here and brought it up: If you bads don't want people to leave, don't make good players carry you every game.

Like I said, I fully expect the bads to be here as soon as the Warzone punishment fun killing system drops, whining about queue times and getting abuse kicked.

Only good thing is that bads who aren't pulling their weight will be spam kicked. Enjoy that. Then you'll be here on the forums about that too.

Edited by GavNash

I just played a match in 10-49 bracket, where besides me the highest level guy was level 15. Five were level 10. We got STOMPED, badly, as most of the enemy team was in at least 30s.

So if I were to quit this match, I would be the one that gets punished? Not the level 10 guys who screwed themselves AND me over royally? Wow, you're brilliant!

Haha, yes, I guess I should have been even more specific. Probably 90% of the people for this penalty system are the bads and zero expertise 50s that expect hardcore PvPers to carry them for 15 minutes while they do absolutely nothing to contribute themselves.

Edited by GavNash

i'd take a bolstered 15 over a bolstered 30 almost any day of the week. the way bolster works with lower level players more than makes up for the limited abilities. a well played bolstered 14 can rock a 49 pretty handily.

i'd take a bolstered 15 over a bolstered 30 almost any day of the week. the way bolster works with lower level players more than makes up for the limited abilities. a well played bolstered 14 can rock a 49 pretty handily.

Except for all of the abilities and utility lowbies are often missing. When I would see a lowbie rock a higher level player of my own faction, that player was invariably an unskilled ally I hoped never to be grouped with again.

But you're right, with the bolster system it is entirely possible.

Edited by GavNash

Hello there, all!

We do currently have a thread on the PVP forums discussing the new vote kicking feature for PVP warzone. We ask that everyone please join the existing discussion to share your opinions and thoughts on this issue: Vote kicking "idlers" during WZ - A fair design?

This will help keep all feedback and thoughts in a consolidated location. Thank you!