Ataru form with defensive forms skill movement speed boost

tolaez

So I've been carnage for some time now and I've had two points in the defensive forms skill to gain a fifteen percent speed boost while ataru form is active. I don't think it works.

I've run alongside people plenty of times over great distance and never seen any difference in our running speed. So yeah, it doesn't seem to work. It's supposed to be +15% so it should be pretty obvious.

What gives? Known issue?

There is a general assumption that movement speed increases do not stack. It is that way in almost every case in other games and it's safe to say - with testing in ToR - that BioWare has also adopted the practice.

Get a friend and do a race while both of you have Sprint off and I guarantee you're faster. It's a noticeable increase and, coming from someone who played Carnage 1-50, is quite hard to get used to not having.

It definitely is there in combat, and it's part of the reason why Combat Sentinels/Carnage Marauders are very difficult to kite.

But yes, it does not stack with any other movement speed increase.

It's not there while Sprinting, because Sprinting is more movement speed.

It's not there while popping Predation, because Predation is more movement speed.

It's not there in Force Camo, because Force Camo is more movement speed.

But for the other 90% of the time you spend in combat in warzones, it's there, and it's pretty awesome.