Are there female gamers in the community?

DragonAgeOrgins

Meh, there are girls. Like me, but I know quite a few roll males as not to be harassed. To be honest, i havnt been yet. If anything im starting to notice guys treat me better, im never trolled or shouted at in general chat, there was only one time and that time everyone (even the ppl who agreed with him) stuck up for me....

I find it odd that girls need to hide behind male toons, there's really nothing to worry about.

*puzzled*

Slightly offtopic:

I always roll a female character (I am male) in every game I play, for more than 10 years. I don't expect to change that custom...ever.

I remember exactly one scenario in Guild Wars, where some naked muscular warrior tried to make funny emoticons targeted at me. Nothing else ever resembling a harassment. Everyone expects a female model to by played by a guy until proven otherwise.

So I don't really get why would females roll a male models to avoid harassment. It's not the model that causes it, it's when other players discover that the player IS in fact a female..and that is really independent from her choice of avatar.

Females/males playing females generally get treated better. And for people used to it IRL, it's basically harassment because they don't want to be treated the same way. I work in retail with a bunch of women and holy **** it works in reverse too. Edited by Antipathize

No, women are a figment of your imagination. :/

Of COURSE there are women in the community, they are just not necessarily going round shouting, 'WOO I'M FEMALE, COME TREAT ME DIFFERENTLY AND ACT LIKE I'M A FREAK!' They're y'know, playing the game.

Christ's sake, women are not some alien species and I'm tired of people acting like they are.