Combat Medic running with Elara

ghostin

It's perfectly fine and many folks do it, though honestly your DPS will probably be better witha Tank compaion for harder mobs and a DPS comp for easier. Tank lets you focus on using your channels to their full effect better IME. Edited by Fishcatch

It's perfectly fine and many folks do it, though honestly your DPS will probably be better witha Tank compaion for harder mobs and a DPS comp for easier. Tank lets you focus on using your channels to their full effect better IME.

I actually found Elara better for hard fights than the tank pets. The tank pets don't survive too well, and hard bosses tended to kill them faster than I could keep them alive. I, on the other hand, have defensive cooldowns, heavy armor, my own heals, and Elara healing me during my cooldowns, plus decent dps on my own.

Usually when I tried to do really tough fights with a tank pet, they'd end up dead and I'd just solo it. Elara is like soloing it...but with a really nice HoT on you at all times.

As a combat medic gear your tank companions. They do better AE damage for easy mob groups and geared have great survivability for tougher mobs. If you are having issues keeping your tank companion up then you are being lazy in play style and gearing.

I actually found Elara better for hard fights than the tank pets. The tank pets don't survive too well, and hard bosses tended to kill them faster than I could keep them alive. I, on the other hand, have defensive cooldowns, heavy armor, my own heals, and Elara healing me during my cooldowns, plus decent dps on my own.

Usually when I tried to do really tough fights with a tank pet, they'd end up dead and I'd just solo it. Elara is like soloing it...but with a really nice HoT on you at all times.

Gear them up, i used 4X since i got him and have never lost a boss fight, they are actually laughably easy. Not much you can't solo this way.

Trauma Probe, Kolto, throw in MP/AMP when needed and use hammershot to regen on the boss or toss another kolto and hammer heal the tank. Insta heal if you want to dps a bit more without worrying about the tank dying. Also remember to use your free insta stun grenade if it ever gets dicey.

The only problem i have ever had using a tank pet is occasional pathing oddities.