The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Aim vs Power?

DenariusJay

Kind of having a dilema right now. Because I cant find any oj belt/bracers I been tempted to buy some purples from the GTM, the problem is most of the purple bracer/belts stack strength + power, and I lose out on AIM (bout 50 aim) but I would gain about 20 - 24 power and some crit and surge. I know AIM is our primary stat, but would the trade off be worth it? Lose about 100 aim but gain 40 power and some crit + surge. Also, strength effects melee attacks right? Would increased strength make Stockstrike and gut do more damage?

fortunately, strength does nothing for vanguards. 100 aim is a lot. I would not do it.

apparently cunning is a good stat for us, so if you are in a tight spot look for some cunning gear.

Don't troll the man.

Better a good blue belt with the right stats on it that a cruddy purple one that has Str/Cunning instead. Elara having Cunning gear is an itemization screwup.

Don't troll the man.

Better a good blue belt with the right stats on it that a cruddy purple one that has Str/Cunning instead. Elara having Cunning gear is an itemization screwup.

Cunning actually gives you Tech crit, so it's not completely wasted. However, you are definitely better off sticking with Aim. It provides a boost to every other secondary stat and doesn't experience diminishing returns.

I did a test a while ago, things might of changed since then but this is what i found...

5 Aim = +1 point of damage

5 Cunning = +1 point of damage, Tech only

4 Power = +1 point of damage

So power is 20% stronger then Aim, and Cunning is fine if your using mainly Tech abilities.

Well, that's what I go by.. Might not be 100% accurate but good enough.

I did a test a while ago, things might of changed since then but this is what i found...

5 Aim = +1 point of damage

5 Cunning = +1 point of damage, Tech only

4 Power = +1 point of damage

So power is 20% stronger then Aim, and Cunning is fine if your using mainly Tech abilities.

Well, that's what I go by.. Might not be 100% accurate but good enough.

Aim also increases your Ranged + Tech crit without ever hitting DR.