Thoughts on Power Vs. Crit? Advice needed..

Fodobinks

Ok, so I'm making my gear..(Merc Pyro)..should I go with power over crit?..

My understanding is that power boosts the damage of all attacks..while crit is working the same but only on a percentage chance...

So if I can craft gear with power or crit which would be better? Is there a cap on power like there is on crit? or does it just keep building?

Right now I'm leaning towards power but really don't understand how much power actually affects anything..is it alot or just meh?

Advice is welcome and appreciated!

Power increases all damage and healing by a relatively small amount. Of course, more power increases this more, but it's not an incredibly dramatic thing. Crit increases your chance to get a critical on a heal or attack -- this critical attack does (if memory serves) 1.5x the normal damage/healing of your ability. So it's a HUGE boost for that attack/heal.

Surge, further increases this amount when you get a crit. So stacking crit and surge to get (at least crit) to a soft cap gives you more crits and makes them bigger when they do land. Once you reach that point -- Power is often better since it has no cap and just keeps making your attacks and heals (including crits) better.