Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

BioWare: PvEr's wouldn't put with such poor design,.

BCBull

What in the hell makes you think PvPrs will put up with it? Ilum.

How long do you think we will be content with War Zones? I keep seeing path notes, and dev blogs with no mention of Ilum. You say you are proud to have such a PvP community, well then make Ilum a place we want to go.

Keep your new War Zone. Revamp Ilum. Put guns on base walls, give more ways to get out of bases, give reasons to leave the protected base area. MAKE KILLS count on the other side ffs. As things stand Ilum is the worst mmo experience I have ever had. I have literally nodded off 2 or 3 times trying to complete my daily. Throw us a bone. Should we expect changes. If so what type of changes?

To much time and care has gone into protecting those who "just want to do their quests." So much so that our PvP servers are no different than pve servers. That's a whole other topic though....

TLDR - Here I am Friday night, kid sleep, girl friend on face book and me on the forums begging for an Ilum revamp. Hell begging for an Ilum update, when I should be in game.

Edited by BCBull

Agreed. Something needs changed to help make this area enjoyable for all; not just the side who has the population in their favor - although I don't know how fighting your own faction for armaments and camping/ganking the same people over and over again is enjoyable. Edited by JefferyClark

Agreed. Something needs changed to help make this area enjoyable for all; not just the side who has the population in their favor - although I don't know how fighting your own faction for armaments and camping/ganking the same people over and over again is enjoyable.

Put 200 crates all over the place. I don;t know I don't design games I play them.

Edited by BCBull

Maybe if more of your peeps on the server showed up, your PVP experience would be alot different. Seems to me like you need to roll an IMP and live a little.

I am Empire!!!!

So I stand on the outside edge of the base wall...

Put some check points up. Hell go all out and turn this in to a huge Altrec Valley. At this point none of us would be disappointed at the lack of design imagination.

Edited by BCBull

The Empire outnumbers the Republic - this much is evident.

However - not everyone is experiencing the poor PVP you are. On Darth Sion (PVE server, US Western) every Tuesday, our Guild makes a point of going to Ilum as an Ops group, usually 12-14 of us. Within the hour, we'll have it filled to 24, with a 2nd Ops of between 8 to 12 operating at the same time.

Meanwhile, the Imp side comes out in force, 40-50 of them by the time word spreads.

Then the fighting gets intense. Even outnumbered, we manage to take central, and then it's 'hold the base" time. Wave after wave they come - and the worst part is we are killing some so fast they don't count towards the Daily/Weekly.

We are getting our Weekly done in 2 hours. We are killing the best the Empire can send at us. We are having fun.

If you are having poor PVP - perhaps it's because your server isn't one more inclined towards PVP? Because I can tell you - epic battles ARE happening.

The Empire outnumbers the Republic - this much is evident.

However - not everyone is experiencing the poor PVP you are. On Darth Sion (PVE server, US Western) every Tuesday, our Guild makes a point of going to Ilum as an Ops group, usually 12-14 of us. Within the hour, we'll have it filled to 24, with a 2nd Ops of between 8 to 12 operating at the same time.

Meanwhile, the Imp side comes out in force, 40-50 of them by the time word spreads.

Then the fighting gets intense. Even outnumbered, we manage to take central, and then it's 'hold the base" time. Wave after wave they come - and the worst part is we are killing some so fast they don't count towards the Daily/Weekly.

We are getting our Weekly done in 2 hours. We are killing the best the Empire can send at us. We are having fun.

If you are having poor PVP - perhaps it's because your server isn't one more inclined towards PVP? Because I can tell you - epic battles ARE happening.

Well silly me playing on a PvP server thinking I could pvp anywhere...

This just reinforces that there is no difference between pve and pvp servers.

Edited by BCBull

Bioware lacks the creativity and innovative thought to fix Ilum. They need to cut their losses and scrap Ilum PvP.

Sadly this is what it looks like. I know that can't be true. You and me could make a better Ilum if asked too :(

What in the hell makes you think PvPrs will put up with it? Ilum.

How long do you think we will be content with War Zones? I keep seeing path notes, and dev blogs with no mention of Ilum. You say you are proud to have such a PvP community, well then make Ilum a place we want to go.

Keep your new War Zone. Revamp Ilum. Put guns on base walls, give more ways to get out of bases, give reasons to leave the protected base area. MAKE KILLS count on the other side ffs. As things stand Ilum is the worst mmo experience I have ever had. I have literally nodded off 2 or 3 times trying to complete my daily. Throw us a bone. Should we expect changes. If so what type of changes?

To much time and care has gone into protecting those who "just want to do their quests." So much so that our PvP servers are no different than pve servers. That's a whole other topic though....

TLDR - Here I am Friday night, kid sleep, girl friend on face book and me on the forums begging for an Ilum revamp. Hell begging for an Ilum update, when I should be in game.

Have you tried to do PVE content? It ain't all roses over there. Bug bug bug. Exploit.

Lets face it... this game failled and its going down.

nice try Biofail.

I sense much troll in this one.

I agree with OP, it seems like Bioware is ignoring the pvp playerbase. For some reason they dont' think pvp is as important as flashpoints.

Edited by Baalazar

I sense much troll in this one.

Nah its what I think.. I had great hope for a game that deliver nothing we should expect from a top 2012 mmo.. seriously

do you feel like they did the best effort and this game is top notch like some other Bioware titles ???

This is a real letdown.

Faillure.

Nah its what I think.. I had great hope for a game that deliver nothing we should expect from a top 2012 mmo.. seriously

do you feel like they did the best effort and this game is top notch like some other Bioware titles ???

This is a real letdown.

Faillure.

It does seem like some lack of effort was put forth in this game seeing as how over 250+ million american dollars went into it and its not all that impressive.

Personal feelings aside, i don't think this game is a failure. Alot of people enjoy it and, i'm hoping most of the issues i have with this game can be worked out.

Edited by Baalazar

It does seem like some lack of effort was put forth in this game seeing as how over 250+ million american dollars went into it and its not all that impressive.

Personal feelings aside, i don't think this game is a failure. Alot of people enjoy it and, i'm hoping most of the issues i have with this game can be worked out.

Yeah right I hope they fix these major issues but I wont resub anyway I had enough already..

nope lol

like Dragon age 1, mass effect 1-2 and the bioshock I guess..

and yes dragon ages 2 sucked bad...

its just disapointing.. a clone mmo that fail to copy the systems that actualy works..

pathetic.

Well if it didn't copy them properly, doesn't that in itself mean they aren't a clone?

Well if it didn't copy them properly, doesn't that in itself mean they aren't a clone?

O kay... that is a clone, if not tell me its a whole new kind with such inovative features...

A clone that failled to deliver the PvP content, especialy end game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.