Retiring from Maurader till they are fixed...

Marsus

For everyone that thinks marauders are weak, start playing it as annihilation. At first i thought that marauder was weak too but i went annihilation and now im doing fine with damage and survivability.

So l2p before u start complaining about it as was said to me before too :D. As annihilation u can get up too 300k+ easy enough if you just use the spec good.

This post is everything that is wrong with our class, and this forum as a whole. See if you can spot the problem. Can you see it? I can see it. It's the same **** said everywhere else. Apparently the only thing wrong with our class is that we have three trees, when according to most we should only have one.

L2P = Infers that a class or mechanic has to be practiced and mastered to become fully effective.

L2Anni-spec = Infers that a class needs some serious work and that it's design is inherently flawed.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post is everything that is wrong with our class, and this forum as a whole. See if you can spot the problem. Can you see it? I can see it. It's the same **** said everywhere else. Apparently the only thing wrong with our class is that we have three trees, when according to most we should only have one.

L2P = Infers that a class or mechanic has to be practiced and mastered to become fully effective.

L2Anni-spec = Infers that a class needs some serious work and that it's design is inherently flawed.

True enough but Maras aren't the only ones suffering from this. The only real useful build for Ops is Concealment in PVP.

The thing is, people are complaining that Marauder are OP. Srsly?

It's fun to play marauder but this game is sometimes too buggy:

- CC immune when the bar is full? nope.

- Ability delay, especially annihilate and the normal lightsaber attack.

- 5 solo kills - still no assasin medal

This are just a few main points.

And if you complaining that Marauders are OP/Underpowered -> ****. Marauders are fine, but the game is broken.

i agree vicious slash is HORRIBLE , for example massacre is the exact opposite ,it is so smooth that you can link 2 massacres without even realising :D(but i am anni anyway)annihilate is not that bad i can bear with it

in my pov the game is fine , the actual problem is that most players are ranged and you have abolutely nonthing to counter the "rain of stuns and knockbacks"

Edited by darth_billy

Are you kidding? The only reason other classes have more than 1 good spec is because they can either tank-dps or heal-dps and most the time for these classes going up 1 tree is pretty pointless. So you can't say that the class is flawed when in pvp we're not the only ones suffering from it.

I'm level 48 valor I'm about half champion half centurion gear. I don't think marauders are broken, I've seen marauders come in first and be clear mvps. The problem is how rare it is to see this. I've never seen a marauder do 350k + dmg ever period also the times I've seen marauders do their best is usually when inquisitors are busy running the ball. Truth is we're fragile, and we're expected to jump right in the middle. You cant even blame the ranged classes for always going after us first. I'm starting to look at it more like there's bound to be a worst class or a weakest link out of the lot, I'm just glad that its not by much. Also at least were gifted in 1 on 1 fights which softens the blow.

This is where I am going with my post thank you. Mauraders should be top damage dealers in almost every warzone. I do adamage in warzones usually arounk 200k, but sorc, BH, commando, assasins, and smugglers usually top my damage. Hell I have seen sorc get over 300k damage and like 150k healing. That is like the best of both worlds. Honestly theres no one here that thinks one class should do like 300k damage and over 100k healing in one match is there?

The fact someone can dps and heal is that many more medals to win that mauder/sent does not have access to..I play a sent, so what ever the maurader equivalent to combat is, has no chance to compete, should you choose to add another layer of difficulty with this tree.

it really does sound like a l2p issue, sure we dont have support and control, but as watchman you can easily 1v3 people in equal or slightly better gear, not many classes can claim that. We do great in pvp. although i will admit our spammable aoe needs to affect voidstar door plants/disarms, as it stands, it does not

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.