Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Class quests are to hard!

Junfo

As the title says, almost every single elite in a class quest end with i have to call a medical probe to revive me, and i have to go out and gain a couple lvls, so im about 1-2 more lvls then the needed elite for my quest!

This part is enoying as ....!

Since i have no idea when a elite will show up or how the fight will end!

Ido all the side quest and bonus missions! so no im not lacking in lvls or other wise!

iknow my character, and my gear on him is not crap, and yes i have the latest spells learned!

idunno about you guys but i prefer to play my story quest solo, and not with a bunch of other people!

And may the force with you, since it is clearly not with me :(

PS. Iknow my english sucks :/

Edited by Vastalee
removed profanity

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the thing, idont want a group for my story quest i want to do them my self!

The Star Wars feeling is kinda ruined when doing the class quest in a group,

well its my opinion iknow that not every one shares them, but still!

Even having a companion in a class quest is enoying!

I want to go trough the story on my own, idont want any help with it but as it seem atm i have to, if idont want to call for the medical probe every now and then!

I find the lower level class quests pretty easy. Are you sure you're not in a heroic area (which requires a group) or something? If you feel out leveled, it may help to increase your level by a few before continuing on. You could do this by playing warzone pvp, space combat, or just grinding on mobs for a while.

Hope things get better for you!

Edited by Buckit

Class quest is to hard??? I have solo'd my whole class line so far without issue. (With exception of Heroics). I am playing a Sith Warrior Juggernaut lvl16 currently.

What class?

Any new weapons? and Are they for your class?

Armor? what type? and have you upgraded them for your class?

Companion ? do you use them?? if not then your missing part of the story line.

I group with Heroics, PVP but I solo all of my story line content. Not saying I would not call a friend for help on it if need be.

past level 10, when you get the companion, it seems obvious a lot of the stuff is rebalanced with consideration towards companions.

If they didn't rebalance enemies with companions in mind, then it would be overkill to have them out with you. I believe the idea is you can do without them if you want them on gathering missions, but otherwise you are expected to have them out. They are your sidekick and everyone knows the sidekick saves the day once in a while.

As for mini-bosses, I think I remember dying to them in beta at least once, so you learn the one special thing about the fight, and then you adjust your strategy and beat him, expending your cooldowns and maybe popping a stim. You are expected to buff yourself and use consumables as if it was a solo 'raid' fight. It IS a boss after all, it may require learning what makes that particular one tick.

People seem quick to assume they can't do it because they might have to retry a couple times. There's a couple bosses I've died more than once on, but I could always pinpoint one thing I did wrong in my rotation or abilities I omitted to use that time, I could tell I was inches from beating it, and so kept on fighting.

dude, you should be dying, dying's part of the fun, trying to strategize and what not. For example, I was up against three mobs earlier today, one elite two non, and I died once figuring out that I needed to kill the non-elites first then have my companion tank him. It prepares you for higher levels, and to be honest some difficulty is fun.

ive had enough, this design of elites in solo class quest is a bad design!

im getting to frustrated and mad over a game, im suppose to enjoy not get this level of frustration!

And dont get me wrong i love the game just that part that there are elites in a class quest, how am i suppose to take down 2 elites by me and my companion its not do able???

And no im the same lvl and im up to geared and im useing ccs dps all i can use and so on!

i just had enough its not worth the stress!

I find the lower level class quests pretty easy. Are you sure you're not in a heroic area (which requires a group) or something? If you feel out leveled, it may help to increase your level by a few before continuing on. You could do this by playing warzone pvp, space combat, or just grinding on mobs for a while.

Hope things get better for you!

I have to agree; do not confuse Class quests, with the optional Heroic quests. Not every quest you do is for the advancement of the class story.

ive had enough, this design of elites in solo class quest is a bad design!

im getting to frustrated and mad over a game, im suppose to enjoy not get this level of frustration!

And dont get me wrong i love the game just that part that there are elites in a class quest, how am i suppose to take down 2 elites by me and my companion its not do able???

And no im the same lvl and im up to geared and im useing ccs dps all i can use and so on!

i just had enough its not worth the stress!

Your tactics may be flawed.

Are you using the right gear for your class?

Are you sure none of your gear is broken (wife kept getting killed by Khem because she didn't realize her armor was all broken).

You may have to work on a rotation to get more dps.

It is supposed to be a challenge, and you are one of the few people I've seen really getting uspet over the difficulty, so (and not trying to sound harsh) its probably you.

As long as you have your companion, are of appropriate level, have gear appropriate for your planet and have remembered to learn your class skills (and picked your AC), the class quests should be fairly simple.

Are you sure you are on a right planet?

sometimes you can pick from two planets to go to and can end up in a wrong one, check your planets level range.

I didn't bother to read all the posts since I am just to lazy for that.

Even though it was weekend betas. I got through all of the class quests on my Sith Inquisitor (Assassin) solo with very few complications all the way through the 1st act (which ends around lvl 30). I didn't really have to many problems aside from having to adjust my strategy usually on the fly to take down an opponent that was tougher than expected.

There are some parts of the quest chains that are harder than I would have thought but weren't impossible at the required level. I noticed the same through the quest chains on Korriban/Hutta and Dormund Kaas. I leveled completely through both worlds solo as Sith Assassin and Imp Agent only grouping to finish off the heroic group quests.

Thats the thing, idont want a group for my story quest i want to do them my self!

The Star Wars feeling is kinda ruined when doing the class quest in a group,

well its my opinion iknow that not every one shares them, but still!

Even having a companion in a class quest is enoying!

I want to go trough the story on my own, idont want any help with it but as it seem atm i have to, if idont want to call for the medical probe every now and then!

easily doable with the companion, most of them. it is not enoying !!!

its how the REAL character that would exist in fictional star wars universe, would do stuff- they all had companions.

qui gonn had obi wan, obi wan had anakin, anakin had his loneliness. its not that he didnt deserve it.

and han solo ?

get real. GET REAL I TELL YOU !!!

I must agree that the higher level Class quests can be difficult, I did one in Tattooine, for Bounty Hunter, where you had to fight an Elite. I died twice, but then I just sucked it up, popped all cooldowns, med kits, and beat him.

There's really no reason to change anything at all, death is only a way to realize the mistake you made and to revise your strategy.

As the title says, almost every single elite in a class quest end with i have to call a medical probe to revive me, and i have to go out and gain a couple lvls, so im about 1-2 more lvls then the needed elite for my quest!

This part is enoying as s..t!

Since i have no idea when a elite will show up or how the fight will end!

Ido all the side quest and bonus missions! so no im not lacking in lvls or other wise!

iknow my character, and my gear on him is not crap, and yes i have the latest spells learned!

idunno about you guys but i prefer to play my story quest solo, and not with a bunch of other people!

And may the force with you, since it is clearly not with me :(

PS. Iknow my english sucks :/

do the side quests and lvl before you take on ur class quest, not once have i died in my green zone

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.