My experience as a 50 for 3 days

Terrorshard

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the people comparing this to other MMO. Specially DAoC, I think you've forgotten in the first month how much mroe effort it was to get to level cap compared to SWTOR. Considering I work 12 hour shifts I still managed to get to level 50 in a 1.5 week. In DAoC(high school still) it took me a few weeks to get to level 50. In other MMO there is more time invested in leveling up. In SWTOR the game lets you get to the end fast and the work is to get geared up. And TBH, name one other MMO out there that gives you the opportunity to gear up as fast, ever game out there has a hard cap of how much gear you can get weekly even more the midum tier gear.

The top tier (BM) gear is hard capped, but the bonus it gives you is miniscule (2 item levels) it's more of a trophy.

To all the people comparing this to other MMO. Specially DAoC, I think you've forgotten in the first month how much mroe effort it was to get to level cap compared to SWTOR. Considering I work 12 hour shifts I still managed to get to level 50 in a 1.5 week. In DAoC(high school still) it took me a few weeks to get to level 50. In other MMO there is more time invested in leveling up. In SWTOR the game lets you get to the end fast and the work is to get geared up. And TBH, name one other MMO out there that gives you the opportunity to gear up as fast, ever game out there has a hard cap of how much gear you can get weekly even more the midum tier gear.

The top tier (BM) gear is hard capped, but the bonus it gives you is miniscule (2 item levels) it's more of a trophy.

The game seems very generous as far as speed goes. I think maybe centurion could use a small buff and the current system would be just fine.

Won't argue that once you get a few decent piece of gear for PvP you are really set. Had only PvE gear and was getting ripped apart, but that all changed when I kept staying with the group. After getting 3 piece of champion gear i'm surviving 10x as long and things are hitting harder.

It is extremely easy to get into PvP and is way more forgiving to players than other MMOs i've seen. Only downside is like other MMOs when you have 3 to 4+ players ganking the healer, but that's to be expected when you play healer. :D

This is one of the things BW has definitely got right. I am a firm believer that people should be able to get pvp viable in less than a week. They could even put more cent tokens in the bags, ungeared people are no fun to play with or against. I don't think BW anticipated how popular the pvp would be, but some sort of ranking system to prevent so many 1 sided matches cannot come soon enough.

This is one of the things BW has definitely got right. I am a firm believer that people should be able to get pvp viable in less than a week. They could even put more cent tokens in the bags, ungeared people are no fun to play with or against. I don't think BW anticipated how popular the pvp would be, but some sort of ranking system to prevent so many 1 sided matches cannot come soon enough.

And they can. It is really not bad at all.