Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why EA is not respected

CeN-Turion

most huge companies are not respected, number one on my list is SOE, will never play anohter one of thier game again..

EA is like a founding father of computer games they go back to the commodore 64, along with Bally's Capcom, Midway, so far EA has not screwed me over like SOE did, so until that day happens, I give them a little credit..:)

I understand game companies need to make money. Every company wants to make money right? But it’s the little things that aren’t necessary that really puts me off. I was deciding whether to stick with SWTOR or switching back to WoW. But because I wanted to support SWTOR (especially since it’s still new and quite an awesome game) I decided to stick with it.

But anyway when I wanted to retrieve my Founder's Title, I found out EA is basically forcing us to buy another month of sub just to get it. (Shouldn't it be called a loyalty Title instead for sticking around with SWTOR?) And they said it’s a way of them 'thanking us', as if buying the game itself isn't enough to be thanked for. Technically we have to buy their "thanks" off them. Ofc this isn’t the first and definitely won’t be the last of my disappointments with EA’s role in this game.

I had a bad feeling about SWTOR when I figured EA was behind it... but I gave it a try anyway because I love Bioware Games. But EA is going to make many stupid and selfish decisions for the sake of money as this game goes on. I just don't want to be amidst a disappointed crowd every time this happens...

But seriously, EA is such a rich company now, can't they just be cool for once and be like: "here guys, have your Founder's Title! ^^" Instead of: "Money, NOW!" I mean they did out earn their development cost for this game afterall. The game itself is great and I really respect it. I also love the community, very fresh and friendly people. I really hope this game continues to be successful for the sake of the community.

I'll stick around until my sub ends. Lol ok I'll admit it, I was ranting a little but this isn't just about the Founder's Title, I just simply disrespect EA to the point that I'd rather quit SWTOR.

Cheers Guys.

The EA executives are most definately not going to heaven.

I don't think EA or Activision for that matter really panic over the respect of the Internet's unwashed. They both have businesses to run and investors to placate, the barking and hissing of the e-hipsters is probably the least influential thing in their worlds.

Hello everyone,

We know that a number of you wish to discuss the Founder title and in order to keep the discussion together we ask that everyone use this thread. This will help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in the ongoing conversation. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on there!