The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyro with new relic, which is better

dardack

Trying to figure out which relic is better. The crit'd rakata with 28 aim, on use power 380 for 20 seconds, or the Burning Relic 30% chance at 156 damage, can't occur more then once per 4.5 seconds.

You answered your own questions.

The Rataka is better. You get the bonus of 28 aim permanently and it has no RNG, even on the click. 30% chance at 156 dmg woulda been nice at lvl 30 at 50 in ops it is garbage.

You answered your own questions.

The Rataka is better. You get the bonus of 28 aim permanently and it has no RNG, even on the click. 30% chance at 156 dmg woulda been nice at lvl 30 at 50 in ops it is garbage.

I get that. Just was hoping someone better at math could back it up. For now I am using the crit'd relic.

I hate math but I'll see if I can cheeze you an approximate answer.

Well +28 aim = +5.6 bonus damage per attack with +64.6 bonus damage (i think power conversion is *0.17?, right?) for 20 seconds every 3min.

Every 3/10 attacks +156 dmg can proc what every 4 seconds?

Kind of depends on your rotation. To get a real answer you'd need to look at rotation, cast times, etc. But yeah, just at a glance I'd prefer the augment relic but without seeing the #s I couldnt say for sure. I play a merc, so I'm not super familiar with powertech rotations. Isn't a lot of your stuff instant? If so I wonder if you could almost count on +156dmg every 4 seconds, that would be best case scenario either way.

Even then... let's take those assumptions:

5.6+64.6 = 70.2 bonus dmg, for 20 seconds. GCD is 1.5sec so that's actually (disregarding alacrity) only 13.3 instant attacks so you gain 936 damage popping that aug relic.

vs

In that same 20 seconds, your proccing relic could only trigger 5 times (every 4 sec right?) so it would yield 156 dmg * 5 = 780 dmg.

Now take that over 3 min though:

AugRelic = 936(20s) + 2:40 at 5.6bonus dmg every 1.5 sec = 936+106.66 = 1042 dmg over 3 min

ProcRelic = 780(20s) + 2:40 longer = 780+6240=7020

Now the proc relic #s are overinflated, bc I didn't care to do real probability math on that one, just used ideal scenario (which will prob never happen). But even corrected I'd bet my account that the proc relic provides better SUSTAINED dps than the aug relic. 30% of that 7k is still 2k. That said, who the hell cares about sustained dps in pvp unless you're a number padder? In pve, proc relic may be worth it in some fights where you can constantly dps the boss (where there is no temp invuln mechanic going on). In pvp aug relic wins because I'd rather be bursty every 3 min.

Ouch I just saw its 4.5 sec not 4 sec. That changes things a bit too.

Consider your question partially answered! Now someone with real math skills can come in, flame me, and post better numbers :p

I hate math but I'll see if I can cheeze you an approximate answer.

Well +28 aim = +5.6 bonus damage per attack with +64.6 bonus damage (i think power conversion is *0.17?, right?) for 20 seconds every 3min.

Every 3/10 attacks +156 dmg can proc what every 4 seconds?

Kind of depends on your rotation. To get a real answer you'd need to look at rotation, cast times, etc. But yeah, just at a glance I'd prefer the augment relic but without seeing the #s I couldnt say for sure. I play a merc, so I'm not super familiar with powertech rotations. Isn't a lot of your stuff instant? If so I wonder if you could almost count on +156dmg every 4 seconds, that would be best case scenario either way.

Even then... let's take those assumptions:

5.6+64.6 = 70.2 bonus dmg, for 20 seconds. GCD is 1.5sec so that's actually (disregarding alacrity) only 13.3 instant attacks so you gain 936 damage popping that aug relic.

vs

In that same 20 seconds, your proccing relic could only trigger 5 times (every 4 sec right?) so it would yield 156 dmg * 5 = 780 dmg.

Now take that over 3 min though:

AugRelic = 936(20s) + 2:40 at 5.6bonus dmg every 1.5 sec = 936+106.66 = 1042 dmg over 3 min

ProcRelic = 780(20s) + 2:40 longer = 780+6240=7020

Now the proc relic #s are overinflated, bc I didn't care to do real probability math on that one, just used ideal scenario (which will prob never happen). But even corrected I'd bet my account that the proc relic provides better SUSTAINED dps than the aug relic. 30% of that 7k is still 2k. That said, who the hell cares about sustained dps in pvp unless you're a number padder? In pve, proc relic may be worth it in some fights where you can constantly dps the boss (where there is no temp invuln mechanic going on). In pvp aug relic wins because I'd rather be bursty every 3 min.

Ouch I just saw its 4.5 sec not 4 sec. That changes things a bit too.

Consider your question partially answered! Now someone with real math skills can come in, flame me, and post better numbers :p

OMG that's awesome dude. Yea most as PT is instant. Was going to base it on proc'ing every 4.5 seconds.

So Yea i'll augment in PVP for burst, and the other relic in PVE when on boss constantly. Prolly put the Aug relic for Soa for last phase, but other then that.