Preorder to PLAY

SnapFX

Yea i am mad.. Because everyone should be treated fair and with respect..

Whens the last time you phoned someone for some help, and they hang up on you? Nice Customer Service..

Should have preordered sooner then if you wanted to play the game that badly...

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have preordered sooner then if you wanted to play the game that badly...

Just the fact you have what your preorder was in your signature tells me a lot about you as a person. Will probably be your only accomplishment in the game.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.SWTOR_NA?easid=Origin-SWTOR_Web_Hero_PreOrderNow

At the bottom of the page where it says

Although I will give you the way it's hidden at the bottom is questionable.

No its not.. the bottom of that page that has the ad, says NOTHING.. the NEXT PAGE does...

Straight up, i wouldnt be wasting my / your time.. That add would have been legit IF it SAID

Preorder To play Now*

Then below it.. or somewhere on that SAME PAGE.. Put the FINE PRINT

Dosent make any sense.. Weither u let everyone in now, or two days from now.. If theres 2 million people who want to play the game, theres gonna be two million.. How is staggering people in day by day gonna do anything?

The servers are crashing, super long queues.. and u think by waiting 2 days to let people in thats gonna stop?

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I like how this person directly says what is wrong with the staggered launch, and yet almost nobody acknowledges it.

Like he said, the crux of the problem isn't the number of early access days, its the fact that some people get to play while others can't and that nothing is gained from doing that except pissing off customers.

Edited by Valnarr

There are things you can assume based on experience and common sense, there are things you can't. Those ads were one of those things you shouldn't assume things about. I'm sorry you guys feel cheated by the english language, but again if this came to a court case they wouldn't be guilty of false advertising because they never failed to deliver on a promise they never made.

To the camp grounds guy, enjoy the lawsuit for that one. If you're wondering my reasoning, re-read the first sentence in this post.

No. It's the same f,ing thing. Period! If I advertise and its says purchase a night's stay at so and so campground. A person would assume you get to stay the very night you purchased. That's what's called trade...you give me money and I give you the product. I can't arbitrarily take your money and say you can redeem your night's stay in ten years...

What this boils down to is that bootlickers are fine with getting slapped around and told what to do. That's fine but you have no say what so ever in how I or anyone else want's to react to an obviously f,ed up corporatocracy run amok situation.

Just the fact you have what your preorder was in your signature tells me a lot about you as a person. Will probably be your only accomplishment in the game.

Its been there for ages. It doesnt say anything about me as a person...except that I actually followed the game.

Personal attacks because youre mad that you only just jumped on the bandwagon tells me about the kind of person you are...and its not good.

Like he said, the crux of the problem isn't the number of early access days, its the fact that some people get to play while others can't and that nothing is gained from doing that except pissing off customers.

Well, actually the staggered access does have a goal - which they discussed.

Primarily, it is to influence how servers are populated and to watch for server instability. Ensuring that there are no dead servers or that there isn't too much of a population dispersal over too many servers.

Whether or not they are 'doing it right' is another topic all-together. But that was the stated purpose.

So, the add says, Preorder to play..

I preorder.. And i want to play..

Heres your ad:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/snapfx/starwars/Ad.jpg

Tell me where it says i will be put in a queue to play?

It says.. PREORDER TO PLAY.. LET ME PLAY!

Tell me where in that ad says anything about A queue, or only some people get it?

My 79 Dollars Paid is No Diffrent that anyone else's money..

Limited quantities (of invites per day) available.

Primarily, it is to influence how servers are populated and to watch for server instability. Ensuring that there are no dead servers or that there isn't too much of a population dispersal over too many servers.

Whether or not they are 'doing it right' is another topic all-together. But that was the stated purpose.

That's what beta is for...

Had the goal been to make sure servers have balanced faction populations would be a legitimate goal.

Edited by zerovex

I like how this person directly says what is wrong with the staggered launch, and yet almost nobody acknowledges it.

I disagree. Staggered launches avoid large populations of level 1 characters entering the game and essentially playing in the same level one area which creates lag. If you stagger the launch people advance and move on to make room for more noobies.

If you ever come to my campground to stay for a night, I am going to take your money and then say,"you can come back in ten years."

Bogus analogy. Bioware is not taking your money and telling you to come back. They sold you a preorder. The terms of that preorder were that you would get into a staggered entry into Early Access based on the order you registered your preorder code.

The appropriate analogy is that if I arrive at your campground having prepaid my camping fee, and there is a line of people who got there ahead of me who also paid their camping fee, I am just going to have to wait my turn for you to assign me my camping spot. I don't get to push ahead in the line to make you wait on me first.

Seems to be working, theres already people saying stay away from this server etc and rolling on others. They could have communicated better about when people were getting in rather than emailing them the minute they can though.

The adverts were never misleading, just people with too much hope over their actions. Its been known for a long time how the launch was going to work but people were bound to cry about it.

Pre-Order Now for Early Game Access! Limited Quantities available!

Play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and be the hero of your own Star Wars™ saga in a story-driven massively-multiplayer online game from BioWare and LucasArts. Explore an age thousands of years before the rise of Darth Vader when war between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire divides the galaxy.

Choose to be a Jedi, a Sith, or from a variety of other classic Star Wars roles, and make decisions which define your personal story and determine your path down the light or dark side of the Force. Along the way you will befriend courageous companions who will fight at your side or possibly betray you based on your actions. Together, you will battle enemies in dynamic Star Wars combat and team up with other players to overcome incredible challenges.

Join us. Your personal Star Wars saga begins in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition $79.99 (PC Digital Download)

Includes:

• 30 Days Game Time

Includes 5 Additional Digital Items:

• Flare Gun: Fires flares into the air.

• Training Droid: Hovers at your side for combat assistance.

• HoloDancer: Project your own holographic dancer.

• HoloCam: Keep visual records of in-game adventures.

• STAP (Single Trooper Aerial Platform): Sleek and unique in-game vehicle.

Pre-Order Exclusive:

Early Game Access

Color Stone (Virtual Item)

You'll be in tomorrow, relax. There's no reason to get all angry just because you have to wait a little bit longer for early access. You should have pre-ordered when it first came out if you wanted to be first

I'm sorry I missed the memo or the forum post that stated that the first people to buy it would be the first peole to get in game. When did that post go up and do you have a link?

Bogus analogy. Bioware is not taking your money and telling you to come back. They sold you a preorder. The terms of that preorder were that you would get into a staggered entry into Early Access based on the order you registered your preorder code.

The appropriate analogy is that if I arrive at your campground having prepaid my camping fee, and there is a line of people who got there ahead of me who also paid their camping fee, I am just going to have to wait my turn for you to assign me my camping spot. I don't get to push ahead in the line to make you wait on me first.

Just reposted again because it is still valid to people who cannot form analogies.

The actual analogy would be you place an order and are then told to wait. People are called up but you have no way to assess when you yourself will be called. After an discriminant amount of time, all the employees leave for the night and let you sit in the store for 2, 3, maybe 4 days for them to service you.

As someone who works in the service industry this model doesn't hold up anywhere else. If you have paying customers waiting on a service then you work. People understand the concept of a stagger, we deal with it all our lives, but do people expect to be ignored for as long as they have? No.

The whole you know what you were getting when you preorder isn't true. I possess logical reasoning and critical thinking skills, seeing their UP 5 days policy reminds me once again of my work in the service industry. I used to be a photo tech. whenever I go a film roll people would ask how long it would take.

Now I KNOW that film takes around 15-20 minutes to process, but I'm going to say at least one hour to give myself breathing room in case things go wrong. That's exactly how that UP to 5 days reads. This is an MMO launch, the unexpected happens your server of choice could crash and you only get 4 days, makes sense.

We knew there would be a stagger, makes sense. Don't let 900k people slam the gates all at once. However what makes more sense logically? Letting in ~100k people an hour to keep login and authentication servers up and filter them into the servers we know can handle the upwards of 2M players. So that after a few hours everyone has gotten in, this would also be a staggered launch.

OR do we let in a fraction of our user base and then cut off access the remaining majority and go home. Because had they advertised the exact model of implementation they were planning you can bet they'd have seen a plummet of pre-orders.

You can claim that we should have seen this coming, most people assume that a company doesn't intend to alienate its consumers. Our bad, I guess.

Dosent make any sense.. Weither u let everyone in now, or two days from now.. If theres 2 million people who want to play the game, theres gonna be two million.. How is staggering people in day by day gonna do anything?

The servers are crashing, super long queues.. and u think by waiting 2 days to let people in thats gonna stop?

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You don't know what your talking about. Everyone will be let in tomorrow. This thread is pointless, nobody can help you but yourself. By that I mean, Give up on the whining and complaining. Your time is coming. I've been waiting just as long as you.