The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Give me a reason....

Romgaard

As others said, you just need to decide what you want most. If you want burst damage, keep AP lol.

Storm is amazing. It has so many uses the utility for 1 talent point is just phenomenal. It's a gap closer, it can be an escape, it's an interupt, it can be used to peel/root off an ally, you can use it to avoid taking fall damage, and it crits for over 1k sometimes :p

Hold the line is also pretty good. Speed boost, root/knockdown/snare break + immunity. I find it to be very useful as well, though storm beats it IMO.

I prefer storm over just about everything, though I play mainly tactics so I end up taking hold the line. Storm is my favorite ability for our class just because of all the amazing things you can do with it for 1 point.

Edited by Phixler

As others said, you just need to decide what you want most. If you want burst damage, keep AP lol.

Storm is amazing. It has so many uses the utility for 1 talent point is just phenomenal. It's a gap closer, it can be an escape, it's an interupt, it can be used to peel/root off an ally, you can use it to avoid taking fall damage, and it crits for over 1k sometimes :p

Bold is not true, you still take fall damage.

Uh pretty sure you don't take damage I just did it a few days ago in Ilum where I jumped off of center and stormed a guy on the bottom of the cliff and took 0 damage.

i do the same thing with force leap on my guardian, as long as you use the ability while in the air before you hit the ground then you will take 0 fall damage.

Uh pretty sure you don't take damage I just did it a few days ago in Ilum where I jumped off of center and stormed a guy on the bottom of the cliff and took 0 damage.

I guess I will test it again, cause last night Force Leap wasn't preventing either, though it has been a while om my Vanguard.

I know that when playing my marauder a couple weeks ago you would take damage when using force leap from high objects. This was also the case for my vanguard as of a week ago. Either gap closers were changed recently to remove falling damage when they were used from areas where you would have taken falling damage or this was a fluke.

During beta you would not take falling damage, but I noticed quite early after the game was released that you would take falling damage. Keep a close eye on your health as I do not remember the dmg being displayed, but noticed my health bar dropping.

I know that when playing my marauder a couple weeks ago you would take damage when using force leap from high objects. This was also the case for my vanguard as of a week ago. Either gap closers were changed recently to remove falling damage when they were used from areas where you would have taken falling damage or this was a fluke.

During beta you would not take falling damage, but I noticed quite early after the game was released that you would take falling damage. Keep a close eye on your health as I do not remember the dmg being displayed, but noticed my health bar dropping.

Maybe it's just buggy all together haha. There might be some bug where if you do it from a certain distance you do/don't take damage?

I dunno, I do it alot though and don't remember taking any damage. I do it all the time in Ilum because they always run down the sides of the mountains and I just jump off the side and storm them lol....