Best Ops PvE Spec

Stridar

Hey everyone, I'm doing this post on my cell and the search box was flipping me off so sorry if this is a repost.

I'll start off by saying, I love my sentinel. I don't really see why people hate on them, but my guy is the bees knees.

Ok so like many other players, once I hit 50, I grinded pvp. Now that Im full champion, I am starting to move towards PvE (my main focus) and done a handful of HMs and I start my first EV8 this saturday.

I am currently Combat, and I like the burst dps which pulls aggro off tanks sometimes. My question is, is there a preferred spec for Ops pve?

Combat will out damage any of the other 2 specs in single-target DPS.

Focus use AOE's which is why it appears to do more damage at the end of a WarZone (which is the closest thing we have to a damage meter atm)

Wachman run a round and DOE people in PvP which again, makes them appear to do more damage when they dont to a single-target compared to Combat.

Combat is just harder to play. But as soon as you've built up your focus, if you know how to stay in your up-time then you're laughing.

I can out DPS an enemy faster then another DPS AND a tank hitting a separate enemy target at the same time, whether it be an elite or a boss fight (such as the 2 boss fight on Taral V) - You've just constantly got to know when to use the right rotations, when to use your zen and relic/adrenals.

to answer your question about aggro pull, I always pull aggro from BOTH of the main and off tank.. WITH guard on me.

But when I do, I use force camo to dump the aggro.

Watchman, either 31/10 or 31/7/3(still not 100% sure whether the Crit talent in Focus tree affects our dots). Highly reccomend picking up the 30% reduction in AOE damage in the second tier of Combat tree as there is lots of AOE damage that you can mitigate big time.

Combat will out damage any of the other 2 specs in single-target DPS.

Focus use AOE's which is why it appears to do more damage at the end of a WarZone (which is the closest thing we have to a damage meter atm)

Wachman run a round and DOE people in PvP which again, makes them appear to do more damage when they dont to a single-target compared to Combat.

Combat is just harder to play. But as soon as you've built up your focus, if you know how to stay in your up-time then you're laughing.

I can out DPS an enemy faster then another DPS AND a tank hitting a separate enemy target at the same time, whether it be an elite or a boss fight (such as the 2 boss fight on Taral V) - You've just constantly got to know when to use the right rotations, when to use your zen and relic/adrenals.

to answer your question about aggro pull, I always pull aggro from BOTH of the main and off tank.. WITH guard on me.

But when I do, I use force camo to dump the aggro.

Can you link me your talent tree and rotation? Sounds like you and I play similar ways.