The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Trauma needs to go.

ToRkaz

Trauma actually works well with expertise.

Without trauma, you couldn't have a healing bonus from expertise- meaning that pvp gear would have a very slight effect for healers (mitigation of up to 15%), and, while a bit squishier, you would be far more effective in pve gear than pvp gear while pvping.

Right now though- while I could be wrong, I believe the 15% bonus from BM gear to healing with expertise is worth more than the stats from Rakata over BM.

Now, if they didn't have a pvp stat like expertise, yes, trauma could be taken out. Trauma really stops hurting so much at endgame- it is pretty painful though in 10-49 pvp and for new 50 healers.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a tip:

Truama is cleansable. Move along

Hm. It is?

Even if you're right it doesn't matter as Trauma automatically applies every time you heal someone who is in PvP combat. You don't have Trauma debuff at the very beginning of the WZ for example, but as soon as you cast a heal on someone who did something nasty to someone else or had someone else do something nasty to them, POP. Trauma.

I play two healers @ 50. Sorc and Scoundrel and I think Trauma is fine. It's actually a good way of being able to balance PvE and PvP without gutting classes due to different damage mechanics from bosses and players.

If you're being stun locked/interupted constantly your positioning is likely to be poor. I see so many healers run into the enemies then try to heal...

Healing actually becomes quite OP when expertise is high, especially if the person you're healing has high expertise too. Pocket healing for a Juggernaught usually means neither of us will die in the whole WZ if the team is strong enough to win overall ;)

Edited by Soazak

Well at least i know my friends who are healers support me on this, I should have known better than to go to the forums for opinions.

I have seen merc healers with guard on them stand and tank 5 people for over 2 minutes without ever dropping below half hp, never moving/kiting, only using their stupid as **** "LOL CANT INTERRUPT ME SON" cooldown, heat never going above half, while still keeping their entire group alive, until the attackers are all finally killed, if anything healing mercs/commandos need significant nerfs (sages/sorcs and operatives/scoundrels are at least killable).

Edited by ByKuLT

You want to know the best way to deal with us healers? Its an ancient technique passed down from elder dps to the coming generations.

Mark the healers and burn them when they show.:rolleyes:

..are you suggesting people should use tactics?? :eek:

Its a novel concept for a lot of pvp players, especially in this thread, but yeah. :p