Armor and Republic army non existant pre clone wars

djgaryz

and also in the lore the republic did not doan any clone trooper style armor until the Jango Fett introduced the style of the Mandalorian's armor to the cloners on Camino,another game mistake...not only that there was no republic army in the Lore as large as it is in this game there was only republic security,the whole point of part 2 in the movies was that the jedi had no army to back them against the techno unit army of the trade federation the lore of this game is so screwed up,good game im having an awesome time but there are so many mistakes...and I know armor and the lore behind it Im in the 501st and im a prop builder so this is very aggravating for people like me...comments?

and also in the lore the republic did not doan any clone trooper style armor until the Jango Fett introduced the style of the Mandalorian's armor to the cloners on Camino,another game mistake...not only that there was no republic army in the Lore as large as it is in this game there was only republic security,the whole point of part 2 in the movies was that the jedi had no army to back them against the techno unit army of the trade federation the lore of this game is so screwed up,good game im having an awesome time but there are so many mistakes...and I know armor and the lore behind it Im in the 501st and im a prop builder so this is very aggravating for people like me...comments?

*cracks knuckles*

First, *Kamino.

Clone-style armor; obviously to make it seem Star Wars prequel-y. Republic used clones, so the soldiers look like clones to make it familiar.

Republic having an army- I believe it is in lore that this Republic falls sometime in the next 3000 years, and is rebuilt as another Republic. This happens so many times that you'd think the Republic is invincible. Not a mistake. Only the Republic during the prequel-era had no army, as a result of having no enemies to fight until the CIS was formed. This Republic... DOES have enemies. So, an army is necessary.

Im guessing they make it movie esqu for the benefit of the none lore type fan who just wants to play star wars games and give guys like me a migrain!

For marketing.

Pure and simple.

It is not a "lore error" inherently, though. The only thing that is a bit worthy of raising an eyebrow is the Mandalorian-roots in the Republic's armor styles, which very well could be a result of Clan Ordo siding with the Republic.

Think it through, and you can excuse anything.

I guess the dot/full stop/period button is broken on your keyboard Gary.... actually no, I can see it is not.

Having read through your post a couple of times, I think the gist of it is that you are saying there was no Republic army prior to the Trade Federation invasion and that there was no army backing up the Jedi before the clone army was completed. Also, that the idea of the Republic army wearing armour was not introduced after the current game period by Mandalorians. Correct?

I am not going to get into the armour issue too much, as it seems to me that there was armour in the game, but that the Mandalorians introduced their own style of heavy armour where the Republic had previously preferred lighter armour that aids mobility but offers less protection.

Basically, SWTOR is set about 3000 years before the events in the films, immediately after a war between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. That war is going to leave a relatively large standing army on both sides.

As I understand the lore timeline, the Sith Empire is defeated about 300 years after SWTOR, but is almost immediately resurrected/replaced by another Sith empire in secret somewhere in the Outer Rim. That empire eventually (5-700 years later) comes to the attention of the Galactic Republic, who do a much better job of stamping out the opposition this time, leaving just 1 Sith Lord and his Sith Apprentice to escape the carnage (leading to the "1 plus 1" philosophy that Yoda refers to when discussing the matter with Obi-Wan after Qui-Gon's death).

2000+ years later, Anakin Skywalker is born. By this time, the Galactic Republic has become even fatter and lazier than it was at the time of SWTOR. It has no external threats, because the Sith Empire has been eradicated, the Republic controls all of known space, and the Jedi are responsible for hunting down and neutralizing any Sith or exotic threats. For mundane threats, there is a Republic Security Force, so the Republic army has long since ceased to exist as a specific entity. As a result, the Jedi are not equipped to fight a large-scale war, and when the Republic need a response to the secretly assembled droid army of the Trade Federation, they commission the Clone Army.

Does that about cover it?

1 + 1 ,the Sith rule of 2... but if Midi-chlorians give the force its existance then there will always be force users and sith and jedi alike in hiding so there will always be a war going on,iam looking to deep into it guess its a form of OCD for me driving me crazy with lore issues.

1 + 1 ,the Sith rule of 2... but if Midi-chlorians give the force its existance then there will always be force users and sith and jedi alike in hiding so there will always be a war going on,iam looking to deep into it guess its a form of OCD for me driving me crazy with lore issues.

Rule of two happened a lot later. No midichlorians as of yet.

I do think your OCD might come from excessive amphetamine use, I would quit if I were you.

There are very few lore issues at all as BioWare can do whatever the heck they want in this timeline. There are inconsistencies, but the once you are going on about are from a different time-period altogether :=

"excessive amphetamine use"...wow really very trailer park manager of you youngling,but those of us with high IQ suffer from OCD its common,and the lore is wrong and according to rules laid down by Lucasarts and Lucasfilms when creating a story line associated with thier films or stories you have to follow story lines there will be changes in this game soon according to the article I just recieved that came out of Skywalker Ranch last week...but thanks for your comments.

Who cares it looks cool. The rebel armor looks really stupid, and so did the armor in the kotors.