Legacy Title Resetting Account

Lilmagex

I dunno if its been asked before but i know you cant change your legacy name period once you pick it. Is there a way to reset or delete your account so you can start completely over to pick a new one?

I tried making a new account and pay for a months subscription again but it wont take the game verification code cause its already been used. I have no problem paying for an extra month to make a new account cause friends are on the same server but don't want to buy a whole other game.

Why would you start a new account when you can just do a new server? I guess if you want to play on the same server that would make sense. In that case I think you have to drop the $50 for a new copy of the game. The key only gives you access to 1 account.

Why would you start a new account when you can just do a new server? I guess if you want to play on the same server that would make sense. In that case I think you have to drop the $50 for a new copy of the game. The key only gives you access to 1 account.

OP said they have friends on their current server. Which I would assume rules out rerolling to a different server.

I think OP's best bet for now is to just suck it up and deal with the undesirable legacy name, and agitate via feedback channels (suggestion forum, email surveys etc.) for legacy name changes.

Edited by marshalleck

I have a bunch of RL friends playing on the server :/ so i dont mind starting completly over but i rather not buy the entire game again. Ty for the replies guess i will just suck it up for now Edited by Lilmagex

They should give you the option to change the name every legacy level you earn :/

One of the points of having legacy names and NOT allowing you to change it is so that if you are constantly acting like a jerk to people you have no way to hide.

If you are constantly a loot ninja, making offensive statements in general chat, constantly behaving obnoxiously, or proven to be a bad team player, your legacy name will become infamous on a particular server.

So even if you switch characters, people will be able to identify a player who they have had bad experiences with.

Yeah, it sucks if you decide you don't like your Legacy name. But it a nice tool for the server community to identify disruptive players.

There is no way for those type of players to remain anonymous on a server after they have made a bad name for themselves.

I hope they NEVER alllow legacy name changes. It would defeat the entire reason it was implemented.

Edited by RannStarcloud

One of the points of having legacy names and NOT allowing you to change it is so that if you are constantly acting like a jerk to people you have no way to hide.

If you are constantly a loot ninja, making offensive statements in general chat, constantly behaving obnoxiously, or proven to be a bad team player, your legacy name will become infamous on a particular server.

So even if you switch characters, people will be able to identify a player who they have had bad experiences with.

Yeah, it sucks if you decide you don't like your Legacy name. But it a nice tool for the server community to identify disruptive players.

There is no way for those type of players to remain anonymous on a server after they have made a bad name for themselves.

I hope they NEVER alllow legacy name changes. It would defeat the entire reason it was implemented.

*uses option to hide legacy name*

*acts like a jerk across various alts on the server with impunity*

Yep, legacy names sure kept me in check

Edited by marshalleck

• 2 weeks later...

Ya wether or not endgame guilds or whatever force you to show your legacy im sure someone wont pay 5+ bucks just to act like an azz and run away. Yes you can hide your legacy name but its half of your name like it or not its there. Hiding it just stalls the problem. would love to see them fix this in update if you cant even restart all your chars to change it.

As for changing servers people must realize they have friends IG and RL so anytime i hear the obvious change servers problem solved clearly doesnt have many friends it isnt that simple

YES Legacy names are good for that reason but we NEED a 1 time only name change for ppl lke me that stuffed it up and has to hide thier legacy name! :)