Why was SWG such an awesome game

SkateOnTrees

i never played SWG and I honestly just want to know whats so good about it?

I told you: nothing. Hardcore Star Wars fans loved it like they love the prequels. There's a certain type of Star Wars fan that will accept anything, so long as it's Star Wars.

It was an awful, awful game.

it wasn't its just Nostalgia you will get that with any game,

If/when theres an expansion pack for this game that changes a few things there will be calls for vinilla servers and threads saying how much better the orginal was compared to SWTOR I don't give a Sith expension,

and yes I played SWG for a fair few years while I enjoyed it the only thing that stood out for me was jump to light speed

I told you: nothing. Hardcore Star Wars fans loved it like they love the prequels. There's a certain type of Star Wars fan that will accept anything, so long as it's Star Wars.

It was an awful, awful game.

thats great but im looking for more responses than just you broseph

hopefully something about the actual gameplay or these Sandbox elements its famous for

Kind of ironic considering the direction TOR is going.

I have a lot of problems with SWTOR, but it's at least a game. Galaxies was simply a Star Wars flavored theme park. It wasn't a game.

Then they tried to make it one. That was even worse.

unhappy?

i never played SWG and I honestly just want to know whats so good about it?

i could type for hours on end about why FFXI and EQ was so good, so I imagine someone who played SWG could also

Well Just take that as your answer. The other thread was moved for a reason.

In very short.... It's a "Ya had to be there" sort of thing.

(yeah not a good answer but again, this thread will be moved, cut, destroyed, given away, sold, or flushed)

Greetings everyone!

Since there is already a thread regarding this topic, we are going to close this and ask that you please continue this discussion here:

Can someone please explain to me why SWG was so awesome

It appears that the previous thread was moved to the Suggestion Box out of error. Star Wars Discussion is for discussion of anything in relation to the Star Wars™ Universe such as books, games, lore and other topics.

In the future, please do not hesitate to to bring your questions and concerns, especially if you disagree with a moderation action, by emailing us at communitysupport@swtor.com.

Thank you! :)