Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Remove Country-Specific Limitations for the Upcoming Free Server Transfer Programme

carbonytte

With regards to the upcoming one-time limited free server transfer programme for AUS/HK/NZ/SPORE, which also coincides with the new APAC server launch, I'm suggesting that BioWare remove the country-specific limitations.

My suggestion is to let anyone to do the one-time transfer, BUT ONLY TO APAC SERVERS.

Let's be realistic, the most logical reason why BW wanted (at least to my interpretation) is to get APAC players play together with a more reasonable ping time , as well as reducing the network-hog on several servers (as a Malaysian player, I know that Malaysians and Singapore have only a few number of servers that we played on, the same for S.Koreans, Aus, Filipinos, Indonesians, Thais to name a few).

However, limiting the free server transfer programme to only a few countries hamper the ability to people who did not put those countries during registration to be part of the community as well.

Also, it would be weird (although still possible) for people from other timezones such as EU or US to play on APAC servers, since the sole reason why people tend to choose region-based servers is because of the number of players playing during their normal playing time.

This means that should BioWare removed the country-specific limitation, it wouldn't break their intention of getting APAC players to play on APAC servers, while leaving option for those who still wishes to play on US/EU servers can stay. Also, non-APAC players have the same option as well, which translate into BW's fairness to all SWTOR players.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/sign

yup, i am from malaysia too. from the faq, it seems that i will not qualify for the character transfer. this doesn't make much sense as malaysia is only one bridge away from singapore. please allow players from the asia pacific 'region' to transfer. thanks.

Edited by kjng

/sign

and while you are at it open up server transfers for the US market.....

i do agree on your idea as well. i'm just trying to understand BW's intention of having only SG/HK/NZ/AU players qualifies for the free server transfer programme when the server are already named as APAC servers, not SG/HK/NZ/AU servers.

your idea is even fairer than mine, if we look from the perspective of all SWTOR players :)

/sign

Please have the free transfer option available for all other South East Asian countries too!

Our guild consist of gamers from Malaysia and Singapore. There are already 110+ of us here who wish to migrate to the new APAC server for betting latency and gaming experience.

IGN: Flix

Guild: Elitez

Server: Nadd's Sarcophagus

/signed - Malaysian

World of Warcraft had no issues with the Malaysian community moving servers. They considered it being part of the gaming community.

Why would a competitor have its own differences?

Hope Bioware will strongly consider about this before placing limitations on the transference of server in Malaysia.

Thanks

IGN: Silvana

Guild: Elitez

Server: Nadd's Sarcophagus

Edited by Sughizo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.