So how are you handling operation loot?

We've tried FFA.. everything pops up on the screen at once and some people struggle to get their rolls in. Also we have no time to discuss who deserves or needs an item more.

Round Robin I'm told is the same crap as in normal mode

Master looter is really bugged as most know. Sometimes its just no crafting materials, sometimes its no Rakata.

we raid on nightmare setting if that makes any difference for the bugs.

We've tried FFA.. everything pops up on the screen at once and some people struggle to get their rolls in. Also we have no time to discuss who deserves or needs an item more.

Round Robin I'm told is the same crap as in normal mode

Master looter is really bugged as most know. Sometimes its just no crafting materials, sometimes its no Rakata.

we raid on nightmare setting if that makes any difference for the bugs.

We leave it on whatever default is called (i guess round robin?) and have someone who has auto loot turned off, and only that someone, loot the boss/chest, and right click each item one by one at whatever pace you desire.

This allows you time to announce multiple tier pieces, see who wins the first so they can pass the next etc. It has worked fine with no issues, except when someone with autoloot on decides to loot the boss half way through, and cause everything to go up for rolls :(

We use DKP

When something drops the Raidleader links it to chat, takes bids and the winner is the only one that "Need's" when its put up for roll

Works great - sure Masterlooter would be slightly easier, but not much honestly...¨

Just remember to turn off "Auto-loot on right click" like mentioned before...

We use DKP

When something drops the Raidleader links it to chat, takes bids and the winner is the only one that "Need's" when its put up for roll

Works great - sure Masterlooter would be slightly easier, but not much honestly...¨

^this

DKP, FFA, turn off "Auto-loot on right click", raidleader links the items to the chat.

We're a very close knit guild and we just use need/greed. We simply allow Need until you have one item and then Greed until each person from your base class has an item, then everyone in that class can need again.

TBH it works fine and saves the officers from running a DKP system.

We leave it on whatever default is called (i guess round robin?) and have someone who has auto loot turned off, and only that someone, loot the boss/chest, and right click each item one by one at whatever pace you desire.

This allows you time to announce multiple tier pieces, see who wins the first so they can pass the next etc. It has worked fine with no issues, except when someone with autoloot on decides to loot the boss half way through, and cause everything to go up for rolls :(

this is how we do it, but raid leader makes sure everyone turns off auto loot and area loot before we even go inside.

We use DKP

This is the best fix for anyone using a bidding type system currently

We use a slightly modified Suicide Kings system. I am the loot master, so when we drop a boss I loot it. Auto loot and area loot off. We leave it on FFA or Round Robin, can't remember which right now. A nice window opens when looting that shows everything that dropped. I go from top to bottom and click off items one at a time, and our members bid on the ones they want. Highest name on the list wins, and I instruct that player to roll "need" and all others to pass. It works well and we've been doing it this way for weeks. Once Master Looter works, I'll just assign loot according to bids rather than the need/pass system.

This way, when I release an item for bidding it gets 60 seconds for rolls, and they only release when I click them - not all at once. If you have auto loot on you'll dump every item at once.

It should be mentioned that this only works on Hard and Nightmare. If it is on round robin in normal mode, the loot will be pre-assigned regardless of loot settings. (obviously except crafting materials, etc).

Edited by Anilon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.