Never knew

Olvera

Up until today when I was leveling my merc, I never realized how much I relied on my powertechs passive tanking ability or his ability to just take hit after hit without ever being in real trouble.

I finally got my Merc up to lvl 20 today after having alot more close calls than I ever had with my powertech. Which I do love the ability to heal myself and the abilities for Merc are quite nice. Just the realization of how easy it was leveling a shield specced tank just made me awe struck.

I'm gonna continue leveling my merc to 50 to join my powertech, but now at least I realize how spoiled I was with a powertech being my first char.

Up until today when I was leveling my merc, I never realized how much I relied on my powertechs passive tanking ability or his ability to just take hit after hit without ever being in real trouble.

I finally got my Merc up to lvl 20 today after having alot more close calls than I ever had with my powertech. Which I do love the ability to heal myself and the abilities for Merc are quite nice. Just the realization of how easy it was leveling a shield specced tank just made me awe struck.

I'm gonna continue leveling my merc to 50 to join my powertech, but now at least I realize how spoiled I was with a powertech being my first char.

You will realize now, you were not spoiled, in fact you will feel spoiled/bored if u went Arsenal. I am a PT who rolled a merc until lvl 21, I hit 20, "YAY I got Tracer Missles!" and then I realized "OH... I got Tracer Missles" You will be one shotting normal mobs, 3 shotting strong mobs, and the elite mobs will be a tiny bit of a problem... In My PT I had to try twice both bosses in the end Of Balmorra, the Governor, and the General, but as a Merc I just spammed my way to victory, needless to say I don't play merc anymore.

I kept swapping between alts but Powertech was the character I think I ended up loving the most.

Through a combination of factors though (experimenting, voice acting, story, rolled first, etc.) I shelved my ST Powertech at level 19 to continue with my Sniper. I think that, once I'd realised I preferred PT to Merc, I wanted a ranged class, and I preferred Sniper to Operative.

Despite the story being amazing, getting my Sniper to level 31 (where he is now) was a bit of a chore. Having a squishy tank companion, being a static pure dps and having to juggle cast times with unforgiving energy management wasn't ideal. I love the class but it certainly required you to pay attention and you can't avoid some frustrating deaths.

I promised myself that, once I unlocked Legacy, I'd fall back on my PT. Going back to being a PT was... soooo nice! I'm not saying it takes less skill to play a PT, but you just have so many more things going for you. Mako, heavy armour, great dps output and instant cast abilities. I know it'll probably get harder on my PT at certain points (every class goes through its nadirs) but I'm just flying through the content. No more careful positioning, companion micro-management or stopping after every mob to restore your almost dead companion. Death From Above, how I missed thee.

You will realize now, you were not spoiled, in fact you will feel spoiled/bored if u went Arsenal. I am a PT who rolled a merc until lvl 21, I hit 20, "YAY I got Tracer Missles!" and then I realized "OH... I got Tracer Missles" You will be one shotting normal mobs, 3 shotting strong mobs, and the elite mobs will be a tiny bit of a problem... In My PT I had to try twice both bosses in the end Of Balmorra, the Governor, and the General, but as a Merc I just spammed my way to victory, needless to say I don't play merc anymore.

I find very entertaining spamming Tracer Missile, just cause you spam it dosent mean its not fun or deals very high damage. At the end of the day i like Merc better, and its not just spamming you got Unload, Heatseeker Missiles, Dart..Fusion and so on, while on my Powertech i gotta stay melee pointing my gun at their face while doing poor damage with even poorer animations..