Still Waiting for an In-Combat Heal...

Humankeg

...for every non-healing class. Either that, OR combat needs to be dropped consistently after 6 seconds of not engaging in combat to use the out of combat channel heal.

Too many times I have to hide in a corner for upwards 30 seconds waiting to drop combat before I can actually heal. This is an incredibly huge imbalance in wz's, as it allows healing clases to re-egage in a fight at closer to full health. This is bad game design in which half the classes have to actually hide for so long (and pray that they actually drop combat) before re-entering a fight.

Medpacks do not count, as any good player will use their med pack DURING A FIGHT, not afterwards to heal themselves. Same with other self heal cool downs.

What I am asking for is

a) combatt ends 6 seconds after not-engaging in any combat, thus allowing non-healing classes to use their OOC channeled heal much more quickly.

OR

b) non healing classes are given an in combat heal: 1.5s cast, self heal only, heals for 500, free of resource cost.

or

c) the OOC channeled heal can be used in combat, but at 1/3 effectiveness.

Changing the ooc channeled heal to 1/3 strength, or giving a 1.5s, 500 heal, will NOT change the balance of classes IN COMBAT. This is strictly a 100% out of combat balance issue due to the absurd manner in which combat is dropped. No intelligent player will spam a 1.5s cast heal, to heal themselves for 500 at a time, while they are actively engaged in combat. So please do not cry about this being op'd.

These heals can also be coded the same as med-packs, in which they do not count torwards healing in wz's.

Edited by Humankeg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of how I feel about this, reading this post and then his signature made me laugh alot.

yea, I guess great pvp players can't ask for changes in game, because we obviously have no idea about game mechanics, game balance, and should be thought of as bad players as soon as we make a suggestion to change something.

lets leave the game balancing to non great pvp'ers like yourself. THAT will surely lead to a much better pvp experience.

Thanks for insightful response buddy.

Regardless of how I feel about this, reading this post and then his signature made me laugh alot.

Agreed.

Although I do see his point. I hate having to cast heal on myself because I cannot leave combat. I can't imagine how bad it would be to not have the heal.

Edited by Tareel

Roll a healer or get one.

I'm glad you can't stun, run around a pillar, and cheese regen your health/mana.

That crap was dumb in WoW. This is better.

Pro Tip: Kill the people you engaged into combat with, and combat will drop instantly.

Thanks for the tip, I am sure the OP didn't think of that. Heres one for you, what if you get caught up in combat with multiple people and they all head to different corners? Gonna have to wait that one out. I am a healer and I feel his pain.

Roll a healer or get one.

I'm glad you can't stun, run around a pillar, and cheese regen your health/mana.

That crap was dumb in WoW. This is better.

Pro Tip: Kill the people you engaged into combat with, and combat will drop instantly.

bad players go after someoen with full life, while themselves are at 1000 life.

Not everyone has a healer, or has rolled a healer. But this very issue I am asking to have changed, is a big reason why so many are rolling sorc/sage and comando/merc.

Hafl the classes ARE stunning, running around a pillar and cheese regening their health. That is the point. THe other half of classes are hiding for half a minute just to drop combat.

Please try again.

Edited by Humankeg

This is a terrible idea. Healing abilities that healing classes have generally cost resources. A free 500pt heal would be BETTER than what the healing classes have. It would also likely break PvE.

Additionally, the whole concept is unnecessary.

Maybe you should do one of the following:

1) Actually kill your opponents

2) Get a healer friend

Another dissapointed shockwater abuser. Do you have no shame, OP?

There's a reason pure melee classes can't heal, and that reason is that they manage to faceroll most casters.

If you so desperately want your 2.5k, 5k, and 75k healing medals, roll a sorcerer, and give up protection medals, 5k crit medals, etc etc.

You can't have everything.

Edited by Wekeltes

Healing classes heal?

NO WAI

You know the DPS they give up to be able heal like that? My lightning strike CRITS for 1100...

yea, that is why sorcs/sages, mercs/commandos are conssitently topping the dps meter in wz's AND 100K+ healing. There isn't much of a trade off tehre.

I am not asking to top 100k, or even get 1000 healing though btw.

This is a terrible idea. Healing abilities that healing classes have generally cost resources. A free 500pt heal would be BETTER than what the healing classes have. It would also likely break PvE.

2) Get a healer friend

If you actually think a 1.5 second cast, self heal, that heals for 500, would break pvp because of imbalance, you sir, are bad.

1) actually get good

2) stop being bad.

Sorry, but its true. This "heal" I am asking for is worthless to use in combat. It is a long cast, with low results. In no way, shape or form, would it change the balance of pvp combat.

This "heal" is actually worst than being able to drop combat after 6 seconds and being able to use the OOC channeled heal. Are you ACTUALLY going to try to tell me that being able to use the channeled self heal after 6 seconds of not engaging in combat, is over powered?

If so, you are worst than I thought.

Another dissapointed shockwater abuser. Do you have no shame, OP?

There's a reason pure melee classes can't heal, and that reason is that they manage to faceroll most casters.

If you so desperately want your 2.5k, 5k, and 75k healing medals, roll a sorcerer, and give up protection medals, 5k crit medals, etc etc.

You can't have everything so don't make dumb requests.

I did abuse the SW, and a lot. Usually topped 100k healing with it. But I dont' have a problem having it removed.

And please explain to me, how a 1.5s cast, 500 point heal, would suddenly change the outcome of a fight? Are you, as a sorc, ops, merc, ect, doing 200 dps, and can't out damage a 1.5s cast, 500 point heal?

Are you that bad?

or are you just that lazy and stupid, that you couldn't actually read the post. Seeing as you are stating something about earning medals. If you actually looked at my post, you SHOULD be able to do the math. A 500, FIVE HUNDRED, point heal, can not earn you a 2.5k, or 5k medal. Nor would it be possible to use it to earn the 75k healer medal.

I ALSO stated, that this "heal" be coded the same way medpacks are: so that they do not count towards healing in wz's.

But you decided to be an idiot, and post the garbage you did.

I think what a lot of dps don't realize is that for classes that aren't specced healing such as a commando, healing yourself doesn't do very much and is VERY costly on resources. If they sit and heal themselves they are not only going to be out of ammo, but also at the slow regen rate as well, this puts them at as much of a disadvantage as hiding around a corner waiting 30 seconds as non healing dps have to.

I think what a lot of dps don't realize is that for classes that aren't specced healing such as a commando, healing yourself doesn't do very much and is VERY costly on resources. If they sit and heal themselves they are not only going to be out of ammo, but also at the slow regen rate as well, this puts them at as much of a disadvantage as hiding around a corner waiting 30 seconds as non healing dps have to.

I udnerstand this very well. Why do you think I suggested such a weak heal? Or better yet, suggested that combat be dropped at the 6 second mark every time, in stead of the 30s+ it takes sometimes.

Lol @ arena rating insult.

Roll a healer or a hybrid spec.

Shockwater nerf tears are delicious...

P.S. - Those sorcs topping meters with 100k healing are just using Static Barrier on cooldown. :)

maybe you should read the op? Apparently you didn't, and you posted something 100% not on topic. It was explained in the post, how these "self heals" wouldn't earn you even one medal.

it was explained in the post that dropping combat consistently after 6 seconds, would be prefered, so as to allow the use of the OOC channeled heal.

I guess you think the channeled heal everyone gets is over powered, right?

To you, I suggest "getting good" and that its not hard to climb out of the 1300 bracket in wow. Put a little work, and you can get 1600.

Edited by Humankeg

To be fair, it could be incorporated into most classes as something that DOES consume resources. It wouldn't be too unfair if it was especially inefficient too. The main problem would be Knights/Warriors.

To be fair, it could be incorporated into most classes as something that DOES consume resources. It wouldn't be too unfair if it was especially inefficient too. The main problem would be Knights/Warriors.

I really don't see how a 1.5s cast, self heal, that heals for 500 is in any way, shape or form, overpowered.

There would be zero reason to cast this in combat, so it doesn't affect combat. The free base attack every class does, does much more damage than what this heal can heal for.

I also don't see how having combat end consistenly at 6 seconds, so that classses can use their ooc channeled heal, is in any way, shape or form, over powered. The only people that would think this is op'd, are bad players. This isn't even an opinion, it is fact.

These abilities are so weak, so freakishly weak, that only bad players could possibly think they are imbalanced or would break pvp.

I udnerstand this very well. Why do you think I suggested such a weak heal? Or better yet, suggested that combat be dropped at the 6 second mark every time, in stead of the 30s+ it takes sometimes.

maybe you should read the op? Apparently you didn't, and you posted something 100% not on topic. It was explained in the post, how these "self heals" wouldn't earn you even one medal.

it was explained in the post that dropping combat consistently after 6 seconds, would be prefered, so as to allow the use of the OOC channeled heal.

To you, I suggest "getting good" and that its not hard to climb out of the 1300 bracket in wow. Put a little work, and you can get 1600.

Still bringing that other mmo into this? Do you just seek attention or what?

Anyone with an IQ of 2 digits knows that bioware will not give melee classes heals. As marauders have their 99% dmg reduction, assassins their cloaks and vanishes, every non healing class has insane survivability.

Giving them options to heal themselves, even not counting towards healing, would break end game PvP AND PvE.

Now go make yourself a coffee and think about how stupid it is to demand such a childish thing, based solely on the fact that you can't play your class properly.

Umadbro? May I refer you to your own signature, tyvm.

This is super, super, important, and I agree with the OP, even though I don't like him.

For me it's an even bigger deal. I can't stealth. I run away, hide in a corner, and sit around for 30 seconds in no form of combat twiddling my thumbs while unable to heal or stealth.

I don't want to steath in combat. I don't want to stealth while im being damaged. I just want to stealth when a) nobody has los on me and b) i havent been in combat recently. I don't think that's too much to ask.

I'm a stealth class, and for some reason I get to stealth like once every 5 minutes or on respawn.

Edited by Ahhmyface

Might not earn you a medal, but it'd allow you to vanish-shockfrozen-cheese your way back into a fight you lost, wouldn't it?

Did you ever think that combat dropped so slowly BECAUSE everyone has an OOC channeled heal? *gasp*

As in like... it's INTENDED you don't get to use that after only 6 seconds?

1) Warcraft Arena rank means nothing here. Proven moreso by you wanting OOC drinking to be available faster... just like in WoW

2) You don't know me or what my rank was. Again, it means nothing here, so I don't bring it up. But I'd bet gold my team would stomp yours.

2) Get a healer friend

Except for the sorc all healing class get BETTER than a 500pt free heal.

A 500pt heal in combat(remember trauma?) would be not even worthwhile to cast in active combat for a DPS class. It would be nice to have while you wait the 30s to actually drop combat so you can use the OOC heal.

I've killed someone then got auto attacked by some random and was stuck in combat for over a minute before even though he never did anything except 1 auto attack. If combat dropped quickly after no direct action was taken by you or against you then this wouldn't be an issue but when it takes so damn long to get OOC it's an issue.

Edited by DrekorSilverfang

Still bringing that other mmo into this? Do you just seek attention or what?

Anyone with an IQ of 2 digits knows that bioware will not give melee classes heals. As marauders have their 99% dmg reduction, assassins their cloaks and vanishes, every non healing class has insane survivability.

Giving them options to heal themselves, even not counting towards healing, would break end game PvP AND PvE.

Now go make yourself a coffee and think about how stupid it is to demand such a childish thing, based solely on the fact that you can't play your class properly.

Umadbro? May I refer you to your own signature, tyvm.

Anyoen with an IQ of 2 digits knows that BW will not give melee classes heals? Even though Maruaders actually do have a self heals, and ops/scoundrels have heals too, right? Lol right.

I guess being a "baddie" and being stuck in the 1300 bracket really hurts your feelings. I can see why such a "baddie" as yourself, would think the channeled, self heal, every class has, is over powered.

I also don't see how having combat end consistenly at 6 seconds, so that classses can use their ooc channeled heal, is in any way, shape or form, over powered. The only people that would think this is op'd, are bad players. This isn't even an opinion, it is fact.

Anything with the word "bad" is an opinion. Some are near-universally held. Hell, every person on the planet could agree, but it's still an opinion.

Ending combat at a specific amount of time is a fair way to do it, so I don't see why you care about giving every class a heal, in all honesty. The 6-second timer is debatable, but you're basically asking for a clean-up to the in-/out-of combat rules, which is a perfectly legitimate suggestion.

These abilities are so weak, so freakishly weak, that only bad players could possibly think they are imbalanced or would break pvp.

Only a bad player wouldn't see that even the tiniest of things can massively change how a warzone plays out.

Might not earn you a medal, but it'd allow you to vanish-shockfrozen-cheese your way back into a fight you lost, wouldn't it?

Did you ever think that combat dropped so slowly BECAUSE everyone has an OOC channeled heal? *gasp*

As in like... it's INTENDED you don't get to use that after only 6 seconds?

1) Warcraft Arena rank means nothing here. Proven moreso by you wanting OOC drinking to be available faster... just like in WoW

2) You don't know me or what my rank was. Again, it means nothing here, so I don't bring it up. But I'd bet gold my team would stomp yours.

You do realize that shock frozen water was a non-intended game mechanic, and has actually been fixed?

You do realize that 3/8 classes are able to heal themselves, while the other ones are not, hence invalidating the "everyone has an ooc channeled heal" part of your arguement?

And pvp skill means a lot in game balancing. I am a good pvper. I have the pedigree and objective sense to see when something is out of balance, in balance, and when changes need to be made.

Sitting for 30s+ in a corner hidding, is bad game design. No way around that. when 3/8 classes can completely skip that part of game play, that makes it even worst game design.

Edited by Humankeg