the little things to make arsenal rotation less heated

DarkenDragon

now we all know that the rotation for arsenal spec is very straight forward and is just a priority list. well this is just for those who are nit picky and want to make sure their heat is always manageable, and in fact will increase your DPS quite a lot by not going overheat and without using rapid shots at all.

now we know that we'll be using tracer missiles until either we have 5 stacks of armor debuff, then we'd use heat seeker missiles when its off cooldown, unload when barrage procs, and rail shot when we have 5 stacks of tracer lock.

but what do you do when you have multiple of the 3 abilities off cooldown and ready to fire, which do you choose first? what order do you cast them in. some might think that the order doesnt matter, and i was one of them. but I've been noticing a big difference when 2 of the abilites were ready to fire.

namely unload and heat seeker missiles. now a normal starting you'll want to use 3 tracer missiles, then you'll have a choice of heat seeker missiles or unload (with a 30% chance you'll most likly proc a barrage within the 3 tracer missiles). now some might think that it wouldnt matter what order you cast it in, but there is a difference. if you were to cast heat seeker missile first than unload. your heat will most likly go over the 40 heat causing your heat venting to be at 3 per second instead of 5 per second.

but if you were to cast unload before heat seeker missiles, you'll most likly still be under 40 heat (if you were able to get a crit for terminal velocity every time its up) and thus will vent 15 heat while the cast of unload is going on, thus when heat seeker missile goes off, your still under 40 heat, or very close to it.

the reason why im sharing this is because i've been noticing that when I use heat seeker missile first (thinking that it would have a longer cooldown than unload cuz of barrage) I would end up overheating quite quickly because the heat seeker missile will constantly push me up to a new heat bracket thus slowing the venting process down significantly. but doing the opposite allowed me to go on dpsing without the use of rapid shots and without overheating quite a lot more thus increasing my damage by a ton.

im sure theres a lot of people out there who discovered this well before me, but I felt this was information that would help any new players to get the most out of their damage and to improve their game significantly

yep i have said this a few times, to use numbers instead of words

unload cost : 16

time of channel: 3 seconds

*assuming you have a crit heat vent specced of 8 heat per crit can only happen once per 3 seconds*

so if you are at 23 or less heat casting unload takes you to 39 heat, over 3 seconds you naturally drop 5x3 or 15 heat, meaning you are at 24 heat, add in a crit (assuming 33% Crit will make it happen most of the time) you are now at 16 heat... you cast unload and VENTED 7 HEAT

lets look at it if you are at 39 heat

drop 3x3 heat naturally = 9

crit drops 8 heat

total heat dropped is 17 ... you cast unload and VENTED 1 HEAT FROM +40 HEAT

unload should be cast every single time it is up hands down