Annihilation Droid XRR-3 Cannonnade skill bugged - Hardmode 16 man

Yesterday my guild made their 1st attempt at EV 16-man Hardmode, we noticed that the Cannonnade skill of the first boss ( Annihilator Droid XRR-3) is one shotting players. Its damage varies from 17k to 25k. It is a bug, or it is supposed to work like that? :confused: Edited by SargerusIII

Was it the rocket or the canon? The dmg from the canon should be absorbed from a second tank, since a) the initial dmg is very high on non-tanks. And after the initial dmg the dot is also pretty strong...

Is the canon, it was always targetting the ranged dps and one shotting them.

You can add a third tank/off-tank to the mix and have them do a taunt rotation, and this will keep it entirely on the tanks throughout the fight.

If it's still hitting DPS with two tanks though, it sounds like a missed taunt. We've had the gun pointing at a DPS and ready to fire, and one of our tanks taunted back and the droid spun around and hit the second tank with it instead.

I don't know how it is for ranged, but as a melee player I can always tell if I've got a cannonade shot aimed at me. Dump threat, pop a defensive, whatever it takes to get out of it.

Just tanked this last night (16HM) and whenever he knocked me back I'd charge and taunt immediately and I'd get the blast every time. Don't think it hit anyone else.

That's what we do.

We usually one tank it. I'll force charge back in, and usually use Shroud if the healers are busy elsewhere, as it will resist all the ticks.

Otherwise, you can do it with two tanks as was suggested. Make sure that DPS is using their detaunts (I know, who would have thought!) so that your 2nd tank can stay 2nd on the threat table.

If you still cant get it, do what the other poster suggested and alternate taunts, specifically when he does his knockback or when his weapon starts to glow. You have a very brief period where you can switch cannonnade's target just by taunting.