My Poor Consular

Diewoe

What are those pieces and where can I get them? I got a nice pair of Aleraan white pants to match.

The first one is the Robe of Deception, a drop from a Red Reaper boss.

Second I don't know yet, will update when the guy who posted it tells me.

Third is a reward from the heroic 4 "Savage Connections" mission on Voss.

Fourth is the Elder Battlemind's Vestments, pictured in the back on the GTN. Another black version of this robe is obtainable as a random Heroic drop on Hoth (just saw one drop from the Mandalorian heroic mission there, forgot what it's called) combined with the Ancient Battlemind face mask that I bought from the GTN.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first one is the Robe of Deception, a drop from a Red Reaper boss.

Second I don't know yet, will update when the guy who posted it tells me.

Third is a reward from the heroic 4 "Savage Connections" mission on Voss.

Fourth is the Elder Battlemind's Vestments, pictured in the back on the GTN. Another black version of this robe is obtainable as a random Heroic drop on Hoth (just saw one drop from the Mandalorian heroic mission there, forgot what it's called) combined with the Ancient Battlemind face mask that I bought from the GTN.

You have my thanks. May the Schwar... er Force be with you. ;)

Honestly, I don't have a huge problem with the PvP set. It's supposed to look ancient, as consulars are discoverers of ancient secrets and whatnot. The set is, however, really bulky. It would be much better if it were more form fitting. Also, why does it have a hood on the head, AND a hood going down the back? That has to be a mistake.

PvE gear's biggest problem is the color... Shadows should NOT be going around wearing bright wight. And, even if you turn off the helmet, you have this ridiculous collar that goes up like a turtle neck and reaches down to your shoulders. I don't have as big of a problem with the "Bananas".

What IS certainly ridiculous is the fact that knight and sentinel armor looks exactly the same. They are two completely different armor classes! That is just laziness.

Endgame gear looks sub-par all around. Trooper is alright, but I see it on NPCs on Hoth. Smugglers should not have a cape. The empire has it almost as bad. Warriors wear giant mechanical armor that was worn by the guy I killed in act 1 of the Inquisitor's story. And, marauders and juggernauts wear the same. Inquisitors would be much better without the lower robe jutting out backwards, and a bunch of NPCs wear it. And females have no choice but to bare their midriff. Woo obvious catering to guys! Bounty Hunters are alright, but not in my best taste... the one in the creation menu looks cooler. Imperial agents have the coolest by far. Keep up the good work on them.

One more point, not just relating to end gear, is the helmets. Nobody in the history of ever wants to wear something that pushes their hair down to their head like saran wrap. It looks just terrible, and consulars have the worst of it. STOP. PLEASE.

SO much of the gear is just so uninspired... I feel like all those character progression videos that made me want to play the game, and demonstrated some pretty awesome armor has just misled me.

Edited by Fenrith

That's a nice look. Are you rolling Dark Side?

My main issue with our look (and this applies in some ways to Knights as well, or more specifically Sentinels as that's my main comparison due to my alt), and it's something I've said before, is that levelling PvE gear looks a lot more 'Jedi' than the endgame Tionese/Columi/Rakata gear.

But, that's due to the shoulders and bracers with their overly-large components. If they were slightly less 'fantasy' then I'd be all for them. After all, isn't this what we're supposed to be raiding for? Currently, I prefer my levelling armour to that stuff.

On a related note, with the recent Dev Q&A they mentioned that they were planning a hood up/down feature. One thing I do hope from that is that it's not simply a 'remove hood' button, as I'd like to see the pushed back hood, in a similar way to these Jedi Researchers (Sages if you believe the mouse-over):

Female Researcher 1 (Front)

Female Researcher 1 (Back)

Female Researcher 2

Male Researcher

But, as Rocky pointed out in another thread, they're wearing medium armour... I do like the exposed core of their saberstaves though - anyone know what that's called so I can have a look for it?

Tim

Thanks.

I do follow the dark side, but the armor is not light/dark side dependent.

It is a social armor, social level 4 to be exact.

As all social armors, for the time being, are light armor, I highly suggest you guys level up your social points as the gear for each level is really diverse.

Edited by Alehkxaner

Yeah, I recognise parts of it. My current trousers are the civilian pilot's trousers. I went and did a few space missions and got the comms to get them. I quite like them. I agree, the social stuff is very nice, and very suited for us light armour wearers. I am tempted to stick on the dancing girl's chest when I do my next set of dailies for a laugh...

Tim

Knight gear looks like a love parade prop.

Conusular (well, Shadow, in particular) gear actually looks BA.

Luckily, 1.2 will allow us to pry armoring from set parts (Q&A said that they will be removed *with* the setbonus - but they'll be per-slot, ergo, chest armoring, leg armoring, etc) and put them into whatever we like.

Edited by Helig