Independent Anarchy increase shrap bomb dmg?

Nasithice

There was a similar discussion on Sniper forums. From what I understand, it affects the first "hit", but does not affect the DoT.

Scratch that. While I was looking for a thread to back it up, there is an individual who has done good research into this, testing various talents.

Link:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=264102

I am not surprised that IA is not affecting Shrap Bomb, although slightly disappointed.

The reason being that while Shrapnel Bomb is an AOE effect, it's an AOE effect that applies a DOT debuff to each target, that is then basically treated like a single-target debuff on each target.

In the game coding, applying that damage modifier to the debuffs is an added complexity that was probably overlooked (possibly intentionally for balance purposes).

Even with abilities like Incendiary Grenade and XS Flyby, they aren't actually debuffs, but rather "pulsed" AOE damage abilities using a fixed area, so that the damage modifier can simply be tacked onto the calculation for each pulse.

This sort of a coding issue is the same as appears with another discrepancy as tested by Qisa -- the talent Black Market Equipment does not apply to XS Flyby [no debuff], but does apply to Shrapnel Bomb [debuff].

Edited by Legius

It seems to work for me. I checked this last night by speccing into shrap bomb with the 8% more damage than checked the tooltip it was like around 1900. Then I specced for IA then it was around 2200 on the tooltip. I figured it was working. The tooltip could wrong though. Edited by Ravzar